We owned a 2008 2350 and now a 2012 2551. Here is a list of some of our changes
What we learned from the 2350 that carried over to the 2551.
1. Fully body paint - had it and still wanted it. Our 2350 (brown in color with cherry cabinets) looked better then new when we sold it. We choose the Classic Umbre with cherry for the 2551.
2. Leveling jacks - had them and loved them so ordered again.
3. Premium Convenience package - had and kept it in the new one.
4. Insulated Glass - had it and loved it so ordered again.
5. Slide out - had it and loved it so ordered again.
6. Leather captain chairs - had it and loved it so ordered again.
7. Window treatments - we had all the window treatments the same in the 2350 so kept them that way for the 2551. 8. No carpet - didn't have it in the 2350 and didn't order it in the 2551. Very easy to wash rugs or buy new ones.
9. No coffee pot - didn't have it and didn't miss it.
10. Side flip up counter extension is made from the same material as the counter top and not wood.
11. Cut the sink cover.
12. Did not order the TV, DVD or sound package (just prep work for TV). We installed a Visio TV on a swivel, a DVR and a sound bar.
Things we actually changed from the 2350
1. No ladder or roof rack - never used it and like the look without. It would fit in the garage either way.
2. No hooks or hangers installed in rear storage compartment - we wanted to organize it ourselves.
3. No mirror by stove - we want to add a metal bar so that our magnetized paper towel holder will hang there
4. Driver seat swivel - we had the power seat on the 2350 and never used it so we opted to have the driver seat swivel instead just like the passenger seat.
5. Access doors under driver side bed.
6. Adjustable shelf in cabinet above the toilet.
7. No outside shower - never used it on the 2350 except to winterize it so we won't miss it on the 2551. Why have the opening in the side wall when it isn't needed.
8. No hanger bars in shirt closets. Converted the shirt closet in the 2350 and added shelves so PC offered to add movable shelves to the 2551.
9. Reversed hinges on passenger side shirt closet so to have easier access for kitchen items. Should have done this on the 2350.
10. Motion light on outside.
11. Max air fan in place of fantastic fan in bedroom area.
12. Don't mount fire extinguisher - we moved it in the 2350 so will do the same.
13. Do not install shower head holder - we installed two in the 2350 and will do the same . One for me and one for the DW.
14. Ordered larger cabinets above the winged areas like PC puts in the 3100. Just more storage.
15. Ordered a driver side flip table like the passenger side table. Used this all the time in the 2350 so thought we would like one on each side. The cabinet top was a great place for ipod radio, pictures, battery powered candle etc...
16. Added a 12 volt plug in bathroom for any 12 volt bath items.
17. Cover for sink in bathroom.
Our 2551 is perfect of us. We spend 4 - 5 months a year living in it and we wouldn't change much except instead of the fantastic fan in the kitchen area we would have another max air like in the bedroom area.
Barry and Sue