Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
 on: August 14, 2017, 08:41:47 am 
Started by ron-n-toni - Last post by ron-n-toni
The 2552 extended (I call it the 2552X) is 28'4". Everything is the same as the "normal" 2552 except the center. The beds are 6 inches longer and overhead cabinets also longer. We are located in the northeast corner of PA in New Milford. We are in the Endless Mountains (really just hills) and have a maple syrup business.

 on: August 14, 2017, 07:27:47 am 
Started by HenryJ - Last post by ron.dittmer
I am surprised to read that Phoenix would not send you a new toilet free of charge being that the problem started while the rig was under warranty.  That is not the Phoenix way.   shrug

 on: August 13, 2017, 08:56:26 pm 
Started by dshaffer - Last post by HenryJ
We were advised that to open the awning we need to move one arm out slightly and that has always worked. Unless you are tilting to passengers side it does not move out on it own. It works well and is a big awning so it gives a nice shade. The light string under it is a blessing in a lot of parks which have little or no outside light.

 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:38 pm 
Started by dickreid1 - Last post by HenryJ
The red roof inn allowed animals... we had a 2 week stay there and it went well. We had our young yellow Lab and she was forever making 2 legged friends. Folks were good there.

 on: August 13, 2017, 07:52:03 pm 
Started by HenryJ - Last post by HenryJ
I sent a message and photos of the water standing on the bathroom floor. Getting someone on the phone to assist is not easy and I get better response on email messages. Well Kermit called Jim and they had a discussion but no solution. And I sent 2 more messages and no response. Kermit is not always at the shop any more. The failure was at less than a year of our ownership. We have new toilet coming tomorrow from Amazon. And we become RV plumbers now. Sometimes you have to solve your own problems .  I can do that. And we will hopefully be in travel mode soon again.

 on: August 13, 2017, 07:18:28 pm 
Started by hutch42 - Last post by hutch42
Very good point on the size, EPA and other DOT requirements.  It is  niche van.

Also good point on the mix.  Ford would have to change the GVWR, and maybe a lot of the above requirements.
to be directly competitive with the Sprinter.

 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:14 pm 
Started by jatrax - Last post by Two Hams in a Can
We had the Dish-on-a-tripod setup when we began RVing in our Airstream. Setting up was frustrating enough when trying to lock in three satellites with a nominal signal using the on screen strength meter; but in addition, when trying to set up in cold/rain/windy weather using a 50 ft. cable to reach a clear spot, it was beyond miserable.  When we moved up to a Class A, we installed a one button does all Winegard Dish and made it a practice to avoid parking under trees. . .just parked near enough to enjoy them without being near enough to screw up the Dish.   Wink

 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:33 pm 
Started by jatrax - Last post by TheLuvShack
We use the portable Winegard Pathway 2 and the Dish Wally Receiver. Auto locks onto both east and west satellites and supports two receivers. Small enough to move around to clear obstructions. The challenge with any portable unit is where to store it. We usually tow a car with us so we just carry it there. Bought a new unit in an open box from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $278 including the Wally. I'm satisfied.

 on: August 13, 2017, 11:19:37 am 
Started by HenryJ - Last post by donc13
I have to wonder why you didn't call Phoenix as your unit is still under warranty and I am sure they would have approved having a local RV dealer find the exact issue and fix it.

 on: August 13, 2017, 11:13:46 am 
Started by jatrax - Last post by donc13
We got the Wally.  Seems to work, but both park visits this spring we ended up under trees and there was no reception, the antenna would not lock on to any satellites.  So all I can say is it appears to work fine in my driveway but I have only limited experience otherwise.
That's true of any satellite unit, trees will block reception.  There are various non-mounted units that can be put away from trees and wired back to receiver... But then you have to find a place to store the antenna and tripod when you are not parked.   Not an easy thing to do in a PC as satellite antennas are big.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10