Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stop By And Say Hello This Weekend (Just Look For My PC)  (Read 214 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 202
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:23 am »

Hi All,

I will be displaying our 2007 2350 this weekend at Dadfest 2016, details HERE.  Forecast is no rain, middle 80's

HERE is Dadfest of a previous year to give you an idea.  Each year is different.
Saturday evening starting around 4:30pm, ending with a FIREWORKS SHOW at dark.
Sunday morning ending around 1:30pm.
It all shuts down during the church services so you are encouraged to attend church inside HERE.  Dress for a picnic as seen in the pictures.  FYI: It is a bible-teaching Christian inter-denominational church, people from all Christian denominations.

If you live in the area and are considering a PC to purchase but never seen one in-person, I'll give you the grand tour.  I can go over the minor differences between our 2007 and a 2016.  I will even send you off with a 2009 brochure.  If you decide to go but get lost, or get there and can't find me, give me a call at 847-915-8802.  The event will be in the "West" lot.  You won't see the event when entering and parking your car because that lot will be out of view.

If you wonder, I make it a point to show-off our PC once every third year.  I rope off the entry door so people can step on that first step inside, but not on the main floor because it is just too much traffic.  They do get a good look inside.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:15:58 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:55 am »

Last night I estimated 350-400 people looked inside our PC.  My stash of old 2009 brochures was significantly reduced.

The fireworks show was the best I've seen locally, even corriagraphed to music like Disney World.

Today will be twice as many people.  The event today/Sunday will wrap up around 2:00-2:30pm.

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 12:14:15 am »

Today/Sunday was a bigger crowd being two separate waves of church services, but being Sunday morning & early afternoon, it was mostly families with kids of all ages who hung out mostly at the various play areas, so it was about the same traffic through our PC.  I finally handed out the last of my huge stash of 2009 brochures.

The most popular two comments were "I can drive this rig", and "This rig has everything yet is so small".

The most popular two questions were "How much is a new one?" which I said would be near $90,000.  I recommended they go on the PC website and plug in their model and options on the price calculator for they may want fewer features to control their purchase price better.  The second most popular question was "What is your gas mileage?"  I said for my particular model, the Ford averages 10-11 mpg, the Sprinter 16-18 mpg.  Neither towing.

It was entertaining to observe that many people thought our rig was brand new and me a sales rep.  For Pete's Sake, our PC is 9 years old.  I think the brochures threw them off with the "Sales Rep" idea.

I did meet another PC owner in his early 80s who is not a forum member.  He lives in the area and bought a 2013 2551, lightly used from the factory a couple years ago.  Of coarse I encouraged him to join us here.

My wife and I were both talking with the many hundreds of visitors.  I was particularly interested in my wife's comments to them.  Smile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:26:37 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Carol

Helpful Rating: 74
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:31:08 am »

Sounds like a great time, Ron and Irene.  PC is lucky to have owner-fans like you.  Not only do you spread good words about their product, but to open up your rig to hundreds of visitors over a weekend is really something!  Glad all went well and you had such fun.  Smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: