Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Rim Grand Canyon Skywalk  (Read 411 times)
BuffaloRose

Helpful Rating: 6
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 3/3/2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:35:46 pm »

Looking for anyone who has visited the WEST Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We want to visit the Skywalk but it appears to be VERY difficult to get to, expensive and the closest camping appears to be in Kingman AZ.  Has anyone attempted this in a PC?

BuffaloRose
jt

Helpful Rating: 0
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 05/14
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: No
IntColor: Pebble
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »

Can't comment on the Skywalk attraction, it was under construction when we were travelling the area.  The access is not bad, however--US 93 north from Kingman, then turn NE on the Pearce Ferry Road and follow it to the turn onto the Diamond Bar Road that takes you to the Skywalk; Pearce Ferry Road is paved, i don't think the Diamond Bar road is paved--about 21 miles of good gravel, however.There is an RV park in Meadview about 10 miles farther beyond the Diamond Bar intersection. It's not a fancy place, and we needed a 50 to 30 amp adapter as all sites were 50 amp. Good scenery all around, if you drive beyond Meadview to the airport, there is a great overlook with views of the western edge of the Colorado Plateau (the Grand Wash Cliffs), and the upper reaches of Lake Mead, now sadly a mud flat.
BuffaloRose

________
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:45:48 am »

Thanks JT.  Just planning ahead and considering where to go and what our next adventure will be.  Good to know access isn't terrible.

BuffaloRose
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:13 am »

Please read some info on the skywalk.... I heard???  it is very expensive,,,, no pictures etc,,,, I have been by the cutoff to the skywalk numerous times and looks rough  again not sure,,,,   suggestion have you been to the North rim??? or Zion  great places  We just got back from 3 days at the South Rim and had a great time been there a couple of times.. North rim is of course closed now,,, has a great RV park no hook-ups though,,, South rim has full hook-ups Zion has elec/water only  but a dump station   Zion your at the bottom of the canyon North/South Grand Canyon of course your on the top   We had our bikes and rode all over  on all three of these places.

this is my blog for the grand canyon    http://walkingrimtorim.blogspot.com/

At the bottom of it is a link to my flkr account and you can clik on it go to my albums lots of pics of Zion and the Grand Canyon... PS if real interested you can look at the blog for our Alaska trip    were going back this Spring,,,, write back if you want more info

sparky
BuffaloRose

________
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »

Enjoyed your blog and pics.  What a great experience.  We have visited both North & South rims of the canyon, as well as Zion. Our big adventure was a flight over the canyon in a six passenger Cesna. My first time flying. I think we have given up on the Skywalk.  SOOO many places to see!

BuffaloRose
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 12:34:08 am »

Glad you enjoyed them,,,, plan a trip to Alaska what a place,,,,  only other suggestion   go to Disney world in Florida great park expensive but fun ,,,,,,,,,   I'm planning  a civil war trip maybe Fall 15 or spring 16,,,, drive up from Houston hit about 10 civil war sites,,, should be fun  I plan  by trips way ahead of time... just about have next Alaska trip planned out,,, easier this time  since have already been once,,BTW going to Alaska is what got me the wife into RVing... 
sparky
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: