Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: California Cruising  (Read 286 times)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 82
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »

Mike, re: Lake Tahoe - we spent a week on the south shore about 6 years back (in a timeshare we had traded into). We drove around the entire lake and took that paddle boat cruise and hiked several trails with our 2 year old granddaughter strapped to John's back, and checked out the just closed ski resorts (my son would have loved to have gotten there a week earlier). It was a beautiful place and a great trip.

We also found the world's best hamburger (at least the best I've had so far). I'm a bit of a hamburger purist. No cheese or bacon or goo to cover the flavor. Just perfectly grilled beef with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and dill pickle slices - heaven. AND my favorite to date was found at the Bridgetender Restaurant in Tahoe City, CA.

Tahoe would be a heck of a detour from our planned route... but they have those great hamburgers. I might have to try to whisper in John's ear while he's sleeping and see if the idea takes hold.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 10:21:31 pm »

Ron, I'm surprised at your answer.   I thought you guys spent a good bit of time in BLM sites which are usually full boon docking.
Yes we boon dock all the time, but we do dump and replenish every 3 to 4 days.  Apparently there is temporarily no operational dump station in or around the area in discussion.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: