Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Selecting The Right Full Body Color PC (& Friendly Advice To PC-USA)  (Read 1460 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 11:55:56 am »

Okay.....Forget the paint chip brochures.  Smile  Too much $$$$ to make that happen properly.
I then vote for some better pictures of all the FB and LB painted rigs.  That should be cheap and easy enough to manage by whoever is taking the pictures.  Maybe the web page defining and illustrating the colors should say something about color inaccuracies.  Maybe Aimee states something already.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »

Stuart takes most of the pictures with a Sony DSLR camera. Most are taken out front of the factory when the sun is shinning and even in the snow. If you goggle "phoenix cruiser" on "google advanced image search" you will get hundreds of pictures including blogs of PC owners.

Ron, the Canon camera you have has the same megapixel that my Ipad 3 has. Not the best for great pictures. Maybe if you send Stuart a Nikon D800 he will be able to take better quality pictures.  rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
Try hooking your computer up to your HDTV and see what the colors look like. In the USA are TVs use a system called NTSC which stands for "not the same color". Then try viewing them on an older ipad and then the current new ipad 3 and you will see the difference in color of the same picture.  I still think that the sear number of photos on the web site, plus the whole web is about the best on can expect from a small manufacturing company. I think Aimee has done a great job of explaining how hard and expense it is to get the true color in front of someone unless they see the real thing.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 01:31:17 pm »

Very interesting Tom.  I suppose there is no easy way around the accuracy of color, especially given how one can get screen color variation so easily from one device to another.

Now if I could just be brave enough to suggest to Stuart that he should close the cab doors and walk 50 to 100 feet from the rig and zoom in before snapping any front & front angled view pictures.  Smile  I mean well with good intention, looking out for that guy and the rest of the gang over there on Marina Drive.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we want PC-USA to continue to be financially successful.  I'm just trying to help a little here in the smallest of ways.

kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »

Smile Smile :)Color? Who needs color? Grin Grin Grin As my father was color blind & liked to adjust the tv HIS way (WH)I got used to a multitude of color combos. rolling on the floor rolling on the floor roflolLinda & I settled on  Cheers Cheers Grin Grin Grin
STEALTHY mode...who needs stink'n colors
(bear with me as I try to insert a pic) - guess I have to attach it
drat
kevin
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:20 am »

Kevin, That is a safe bet for sure.....unless you are expecting your rig to be white, off-white, antique white, snow, cream, frost, egg shell, or some other flavor of white.   At least you didn't invest multi-thousands extra to get that color  Smile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:44:18 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 01:25:03 pm »

Invest?  Indeed not.  Here sits that which I expended over a bunch and a half on.  Smile
kevin
purdy, isn't she?
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:26 pm »

Aimee, Webmistress
Paul/Marilyn

Helpful Rating: 15
________
PurchDate: 07/12
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Standard
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:25 pm »

rolling on the floor Aimee, that's funny!! Ours will be a smaller whale, with a Sterling swoosh. We think that will look very neat and clean, and, saves us a bunch of money! We don't fit into the discussion of FB or LB colors since we are going the minimalist route.

However, as someone who was on the fringes of advertising and the printing world my whole working life, there's no such thing as a perfect, or even sometimes near perfect, color match or photo. There's always room for improvement. And, often perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

And also, as folks looking for an rv that fits our needs as nearly as possible, we found the brochure and multiple photos on the PC website extremely useful. I have generally (Paul asks, generally?!) obsessed in looking at all the photos trying to imagine our rv life in the Cruiser. As important as outside photos are, inside is where we're going to be living.

Of course sometimes we've wondered about whether the thing-a-ma-bob we have would fit into a certain cabinet, and, why don't they have a photo of that cabinet open (along with dimensions!) but we're sure nobody else needs that particular information.

We really enjoy the discussions on the Forum. Aimee, we're glad you're there to referee. Thanks for the website, the Forum, the photos and brochure information. It all helped us decide on our Cruiser which we'll be picking up in the next few weeks. Just can't wait.

Marilyn & Paul
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: