Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newbie very interested in the 2552...  (Read 1551 times)
Zorba

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2552
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »

It appears that when you do buy a PC, you will add some panache to the population of mundane owners, as I presume that you are "Zorba, The Veiled Male", a man of renown whose websites on Google cover more than one screen.  Nice to see that PC's don't only appeal to old retirees like me.
Snort! Guilty as charged.

I may not be an "old retiree" like you - but I'm getting close! Amazing what some Henna and makeup will do for a guy!
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »

Just had our drivers' seat replace today.  It got punctured with a key and Kermit sent us a new seat cover.  Found an amazing upholserer in Port Angeles who works only on automotive upholstery.  He was really reasonably priced and fast at his work.

We were chatting as he worked and I said "what should I use to clean my leather seats and sofa?"  He said "saddle soap but you don't have leather seats and sofa".  He said that we have microfibre seats and sofa and that all you have to do is wipe them off with a mild soap and water, rinse and dry.  We have microfibre sofas in our Yuma place and they wear well and are comfortable and you don't stick to them in the hot weather.

My question is:  Are we the only ones with microfibre seats and sofa?  I never saw a post on this.  I am not complaining since I love my comfortable seats and sofa however I thought I paid extra to have a leather sofa.  Is this something new for 2013?
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 07:37:00 am »

We had the same "Ultraleather" material in our '99 Alpine so I know it's been around a while.
Real leather is hard to find at anything near an affordable price and, generally, it's only used for the seating surfaces (the rest is Vinyl or the like).

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:59 am »

I always thought my leather seats (at least the seating surfaces) were real leather.  You have me wondering.  I have to say they are much softer than other leather seating I own in other vehicles, and I don't stick or sweat on them either.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Zorba

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: No
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »

This is an interesting development. Especially as I detest leather in the first place, and feel that you're ALWAYS better off without it.
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

We had real leather in our Monaco Dynasty. The bottom area was real leather and the wrap arounds were something different. I think they called it Ultra leather.  When you sat on it in the summer you stuck to it.  And the leather on the bottom of the seat wears and changes color.  I think our PC cab seats are exceptionally comfortable as is the sofa and look good too.  I just wondered if this was new for 2013.  Actually, I prefer the microfiber since it is more subtle and comfortable.  The microfiber is probably more susceptible to puncture wounds otherwise it wears well.  Found a website that shows how to clean it.  The usual instructions are to use a gentle soap and sponge.  This site says to use alcohol and a soft scrub brush or white scrubber if it is really dirty.  Think I would want to test it on an inconspicuous spot before embarking on that method of cleaning.  The before and after pictures were very impressive.

Anne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: