Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking for a reliable used (older model) car  (Read 659 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:33 pm »

Hey y'all.  Stuart gave me permission to post this here...the Aime Household (my four kids and myself, plus my mama lives with us) has found itself in need of reliable transportation. Ideally I'd love to have something I could trade webwork or graphic design work for (I have an extensive portfolio I'd be happy to share). If I had to I might be able to come up off of a little cash, but coming off of all the expenses of this broken ankle and sending the oldest off to college next January is keeping things super tight, so if I could swap out a site and hosting that would be preferable.  It doesn't need to be pretty.  It just needs to run.  

I finally got my ex to come up off of the cadillac we had together when married, but he's totaled it twice now and it just isn't safe anymore to drive and I can't really afford to fix all that is wrong with it.

anybody got an old car they don't need and also doesn't have a website that they do need?  Embarrassed

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:45 am »

Boy Aimee, I wish I could help you out, but we are many hundreds of miles away near Chicago.

As you might recall, I volunteer helping the under-resourced, with basic transportation needs through our church.  Most recipients are single moms.  The C.A.R.S. Ministry program Here once used the phrase "Cars For Moms".

Not associated with that organization, just between you, me, and the seller, I might have a 1996 Dodge Avenger with 140,000 miles, in good mechanical (safe) opperating condition becoming available by end of month, maybe sooner.  It has a dented driver door which does not hinder functionality.  Issues due to age are A/C not working and small fluid leaks that are not serious enough to address.  Price not yet sure, but hoping to offer it for $1,000 to someone in a situation such as yours.

I'll purchase the car myself with the seller signing the title.  But I won't sign it as the buyer.  I'll go through the car and make sure it's safe as the seller states.  Any additional investment I make in parts will increase the selling price of the car by that amount.  When I find a buyer, they'll come to my house with cash and sign the title as the new owner.  I "officially" stay out of the deal to make it most affordable.  I'll make no profit, doing it only to help out people in financial difficulty who try hard to make life work, needing a little break in this area of their life by getting them setup with good reliable and "affordable" transportation.

If I get this car, it checks out good, and you are interested in it, you would have to take an Amtrak train to Chicago's Union Station, then leave there on the Metra train to the Elgin Station by me.  Living in warmer Kentucky, I do realize the A/C not working would be a big deal.  The car is also a 2-door coupe which makes 3 or more occupants more of a hassle.  I really don't think it's a good fit for you but it's a proposal none-the-less.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:46:36 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:23 pm »

Thanks, Ron for the offer.  It's probably not the ideal situation, but we'll see if anything else becomes available before then.  I love what you do there!  I've never in my life sold a vehicle.  I have always donated it outright to a church, a needy family, or a missionary, etc. when the time came to let one go.  ThumbsUp One I let go through my church who fixed some small issues and gave it to a needy family, two through my mechanic before he passed away (a trustworthy man if ever I've met one, God rest his soul), and one to a young fellow who was in an awful situation and needed a vehicle to drive himself to work and his wife to her prenatal appointments.  It feels kind of weird to find myself on the other end of the "need a car" scenario, but here I am!  LOL

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

It feels kind of weird to find myself on the other end of the "need a car" scenario, but here I am
Many of us take our financial "down" turn sometime during our lives.  When I was out of work for 14 months, financial dark times were straight ahead for my household, but then that one call came through.  Eight years later and all is still well.  God has been gracious... and good.

Aimee, I'll be mentioning you daily in my morning prayer time, for provision in your life.  Let me know when it's time to stop, okay?

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:04:25 pm »

Will do.  Thanks!

Aimee, Webmistress
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »

Hey Ron, good post.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Paul/Marilyn

Helpful Rating: 15
________
PurchDate: 07/12
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Standard
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:01:57 pm »

Yes, Ron, that sounds like a great ministry. Thanks.

Aimee, we'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and hope the car situation works out for you. Heart Shower
Marilyn & Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: