Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boss DVD Player above bed in 2551  (Read 797 times)
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:52:57 am »

Cannot find this anywhere.  Next to the bedroom TV is installed a multi function Boss player.  Supposedly it plays DVDs, CDs, mpeg and a number of configurations.  Tried a CD and nothing happened.  So I read the Boss book which said to play a CD you must first turn on the TV.  The screen will turn grey and the music will play.  Well the screen turned grey but no music.

Right now the rear TV works with the roof antenna and I am reluctant to mess around with the settings on the TV till I know what to do.  Thought someone who has a recent 2551 with the Boss could tell me.  There is no mention of it anywhere.  Is it part of the surround sound?  Is it just a separate DVD player for the rear TV? 

Anne ThankYou
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:49:01 am »

Hi Anne,

It is a separate DVD/CD player just for the rear TV, you have to change the source input on the TV to the DVD player.  There are two source inputs, one is the DVD player and the other is the coax from the front that will display the antenna or cable input.  The source input can be changed using buttons on the TV or the remote.

Bob,
(another west coast 2551 owner near Lake Tahoe)

2010  PC 2551
Anne and Bob

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »

Thanks, Bob.  I will try it in the morning.  Too many new electronics etc.  I sort of figured it was a spare DVD for the bedroom TV but when it said it played mpeg and CDs and you can even plug your Ipod into it, I figured I better check that it was not part of the surround sound system as opposed to the rear TV system.

Wonder how many other West Coasters there are? Wink

Thanks again.

Anne
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »

Hello y'all, billy here from the small town of Coarsegold, ca. About 30 miles north of Fresno.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Anne and Bob

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:20:53 pm »

You are in a beautiful part of California.   I used to take my kids camping in Yosemite years ago when I was a single mother.  Bet it has changed since then.  That was back in the early 70's.  We started in the Camp Curry section and graduated to tent camping with our VW bug with the tent and cooler strapped to the roof.

Anne
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »

We thought we were in hog heaven with out Pinto wagon and two single mattress. Could not believe how great it was when we "upgraded" to our first 16 foot trailer. A lot has changed around the area. Two stop lights in Oakhurst. At coffee on morning one fellow said, I remember one stop light in town. We have lived in the aera, on and off since 1949. I told him I remembered driving thru Oakhurst at 70 mph. There was NOTHING there.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »

Boy, you probably remember when the main campground in Yosemite Park wasn't so crowded that you could stretch out your arms and not touch the camper next door, you could drive in and out without a traffic jam, George Lucas was still a teen age hotrodder in Modesto, and the Casa de Fruta was only a little roadside stand!   I wish it was all that way again.

Jerry

ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:00 am »

We wrestled with the Boss player and just figured it didn't add to our usage. I took out but left access to cables, just pushed up and out of way.

Then took the TV out and turned the wooden panel that the TV was attached to around so that it was a shelf that raises and lowers. I place my lap top there and use it with a blue tooth key board and touch pad. It makes for a nice location to either blog from or watch videos and uses the electrical hook up.

Greg

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
Anne and Bob

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »

I finally got it to play CDs.  You turn the TV on and select the video input and a big colorful Boss sign shows up and the CD plays music.  Only problem with that is it only plays through the small TV.  So I guess we will save it for playing DVDs on that TV and save the CDs for the front radio/CD/mpeg player.
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 06:26:06 pm »

Trying to figure out our Home Entertainment system in the 2551.  I found a receptacle for the iPod in the cabinet but I'll be darned if I can make it work.  I tried calling Samsung but never got to talk to anybody. 

Anybody know how to play an iPod.  It says to push Port and chose A ipod.  That's as far as I can get. 
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »

Trying to figure out our Home Entertainment system in the 2551.  I found a receptacle for the iPod in the cabinet but I'll be darned if I can make it work.  I tried calling Samsung but never got to talk to anybody. 

Anybody know how to play an iPod.  It says to push Port and chose A ipod.  That's as far as I can get. 

OK I took a break and went back out and tackled this project.  Wow what a system.  I now know how to use the iPod on the dock with display on the TV.  Got the remote to be able to change songs and fast forward too.  It can be used with the surround sound which I thought was in the back speakers but it isn't.  All surround sound is in the main room.  Still learning.  Well, that's with exception of the subwoofer in the bedroom area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: