Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Sun Shades!  (Read 523 times)
GregC

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: June 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Green
ExtColor: Green
________

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:50 pm »

We just installed the sun shades purchased when we took delivery on the 2008 PC 2551 in June.  Wow what a difference they make in heat transfer through the windshield and side glasses!  Had the PC sitting in the driveway facing East with the late morning sun bearing down right through the windshield.  (Did not plan it that way, just the way my driveway is located.)  After my son and I got the side glass shades on, we laid out the windshield screen so we could position the inside magnets properly for installation.  I could tell right away that there was very little heat transfer.  After finishing the installation of the magnets we left the shades on for a couple of hours and I was amazed at how much the shades reduce the heat inside the cab area. That means the roof AC unit can cool the rest of the coach better.  If you don't have a set of these new sun shades, I would heartily recommend you make the investment.

Greg & Juliana
Southeast Missouri
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:51:40 pm »

We had ours installed at the factory before the unit was delivered.  They are worth their weight in gold.  Keep the heat of the sun out and best of all are so easy to install it takes about 2 minutes to get all three of them on.  We had the same thing on another rig but there were snaps and you had to get the ladder out to install them.  The magnets are much better.
chrisawyer

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/21/2011
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Umber
ExtColor: August Rust
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:41 am »

We also have these outside window shades, but we also use an inside windshield silver foil heat shade (from Walmart) and I cut a driver/passenger side window shade from the same material. Really cuts down the heat input, especially when your campsite points West in the afternoon! These shields fold up and are stowed during the day.
Chris.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: