Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I think I have a brilliant idea  (Read 1745 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:07:08 pm »

What if I can come up with a way that makes it easy for prospective buyers to hook up with current members around the country to get a tour of a unit? I already facilitate quite a few of these requests on my own.  I get PM's from people in the forum who want to know who is near them, and I poke around until I find someone on vacation or at home who will be near them and I start the process of introducing the two parties for a meetup/tour.

But we probably miss some people this way because not everyone is going to e-mail me.

What if I can come up with a way for our current owners to be like miniature RV Shows around the country?

I was thinking something like a map of the US.

Current owners who want to participate can register with me and I'll give them a username and login maybe.  Then they can go in and drop a pin where they're going to be and put a date on it or something maybe. I haven't worked out the details yet. I'm still just noodling the idea....Then when someone wants to see a unit near them, they just have to go to the page, pick one of the locations where someone is who is willing to show their unit. They click on a link there and it sends a request and then we can connect the two parties. They never have to see each other's contact information until we connect them and I'll run IP checks and read requests to be sure they're real people, etc.  We wouldn't show the address on the map either--we'd just show the city or maybe even just the region of the state where the unit is going to be.

This would probably let people get enthusiastic tours from people knowledgeable with the units. And customers trust them because they aren't "salesmen".  We could even offer a $500 as a "thank you"  for those who show their units and then the visitor goes on to purchase a unit. I'd have to have a verified way to be sure who showed which unit, etc. but I think I could work out something.

Obviously I have a lot of details to iron out, but what do you think? Would anyone be interested if I can get this developed?

Aimee, Webmistress
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:31 pm »

There is already a map in the Phoenix HQ with pins for where the owner live. There is already a $500 reward for referring someone to Phoenix when they buy a unit. At least there was when we bought our PC. You might want to call Stuart about this whole thing. 

I showed our PC to SA Johnson when he was looking and asking a lot of question on here. All of a sudden he disappeared from this forum. I don't know what he ended up doing. I even sent him a private message and never heard from him.   

I would still be willing to show my PC again.           

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

I don't believe there was ever an "active" gift-referral program over the past 5 years as I have never recieved a gift of any kind from Phoenix-USA, and I have done a lot of referral-became-a-sale for them.

Aimee's "Where Are There PC's To See" interactive map sounds cool.  But I wouldn't mind some much simpler.  Place a eye catching "Look" symbol by our name that when clicked on, will state we live in zip code 00000 and are willing to show our PC to interested parties.  We could control this in our profile.  Make it fancier by adding a place for us owners to add a link to web pics, so the person would know what he will see during his visit.  Click on the zip code to be sent to the web for a map or description of where it is.  Maybe a protective filter of some kind would be a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:37:31 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »

Aimee,

I like your idea and would be interested in participating.  We live in Northern California and I remember how hard it was to actually see a PC.  At the time there was a dealer in Phoenix and we went there, it would have been nice to see one closer to home and talk to an owner.

I especially like your idea to be able to indicate where we will be when on the road, we live in a remote area not convenient for someone to visit, but we are on the road at least 4 months a year.  That might also be a fun way to meet up with other PC owners on the road, just see who is in the area at the time.

Bob A.

2010  PC 2551
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:18:40 pm »

ThumbsUp Sounds good in theory.  I hope practical application works ewll.  We, too, have shown our Big White Phoenix in Stealth Mode.  I tell them to tell Stuart that the guy in a big white......sent me.  So far, no beers or diet coke. Grin
As PV-IV Club members we all know who else are members and has room for us to park overnight or might have local knowledge to share. Grin (Take a hint, join the club)  Cheer  Hi Frank, Hi Dee...see how friendly we are?  ya know, special handshake & code ring  Grin Wink exactly!
kevin

ps - it's even hotter in Vicksburg today & the Mississippi Creek needs a drink.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

There is already a map in the Phoenix HQ with pins for where the owner live. There is already a $500 reward for referring someone to Phoenix when they buy a unit. At least there was when we bought our PC. You might want to call Stuart about this whole thing. 

I showed our PC to SA Johnson when he was looking and asking a lot of question on here. All of a sudden he disappeared from this forum. I don't know what he ended up doing. I even sent him a private message and never heard from him.   

I would still be willing to show my PC again.           

Tom,

Of course I checked with Stuart before I mentioned this in the forum.  I am well aware there is a $500 referral gift program.  That's why I said it would be a $500 gift. Having a map at Phoenix HQ does not help visitors to the site who need to find people.  I know that something online is needed because I have to do this at *least* twice a week.  I get private messages from people who need to see one.  I scour the site and see who lives where or who is traveling through where and I check with the owner to see if they're willing and then I connect the people.

It will all be voluntary, but I think it has the potential to be really neat.

A lot of times buyers forget to tell the factory that someone referred them or helped them out. The way I would work this is that after a showing, it could be verified and then on record.

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 08:58:27 pm »

I don't believe there was ever an "active" gift-referral program over the past 5 years as I have never recieved a gift of any kind from Phoenix-USA, and I have done a lot of referral-became-a-sale for them.

Aimee's "Where Are There PC's To See" interactive map sounds cool.  But I wouldn't mind some much simpler.  Place a eye catching "Look" symbol by our name that when clicked on, will state we live in zip code 00000 and are willing to show our PC to interested parties.  We could control this in our profile.  Make it fancier by adding a place for us owners to add a link to web pics, so the person would know what he will see during his visit.  Click on the zip code to be sent to the web for a map or description of where it is.  Maybe a protective filter of some kind would be a good idea.

Ron,

For the referral program, either you need to actively tell them before the client comes in and purchases, or the buyer needs to tell them specifically "I am referred by Ron Dittmer"  For them to say "oh I saw a unit while we were camping and I loved it!" is not enough.

This map is not going to be part of the forum. It also needs to be able to show locations when people are on trips and would be open to showing their unit.  What phase ONE will be will be primarily a listing instead of an interactive map.  Owners will log in, plot dates and locations where they would be willing to show the unit.  Visitors would come to the page, select a date range and see a list of locations for those dates where units will be available. Eventually we will grow it into something bigger.

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 09:04:47 pm »

Aimee,

I like your idea and would be interested in participating.  We live in Northern California and I remember how hard it was to actually see a PC.  At the time there was a dealer in Phoenix and we went there, it would have been nice to see one closer to home and talk to an owner.

I especially like your idea to be able to indicate where we will be when on the road, we live in a remote area not convenient for someone to visit, but we are on the road at least 4 months a year.  That might also be a fun way to meet up with other PC owners on the road, just see who is in the area at the time.

Bob A.

Bob, that's great!  I agree that it could be a lot of fun and rewarding (both financially and socially)!

Kevin,  I agree!

Aimee, Webmistress
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »

All plans are only as good as the company. We were in Quartzsite and drove up to see Bobs rig. He was very nice and gave us ALL the time we needed. When I purchased our 3100 I told Amanda  who recommended us and latter when I called Bob he said no referral fee ever came? I would be more then happy to join in and show anyone our rig.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 09:29:58 pm »

I sent an e-mail to Amanda to see if she knows what happened.

Thanks!

Aimee, Webmistress
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:47 pm »

I appreciate the effort but it's been over a year and a half.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
njheart on the road

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: 1/2014
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit leather w/Maple cabinets
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
________

"Wherever you are, be all there..." Jim Elliot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »

...and obviously we benefited from this very kind of thing, as Ron introduced himself to us and gave us an open-handed invite to "come-see" his unit.  It really helped us know for sure that we were headed in the right direction.  As a result we headed down to the factory, met with Amanda, and found ourselves scheduled for our own P-C build.  We told her that it was Ron's referral, so hope that he benefits for having to spend all that time with us on the Grand Tour.  His online pictures helped, but the actual hands on visit to his unit was what made us sure.

I love the idea of having a way to connect both owners and potential customers up in a somewhat protected kind of way.  I am sure we would participate, once we actually have ours home and are able to represent it knowledgeably.  Good thinking! Woot!

~marilyn
"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God." Jim Elliot
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

Ron: I don't believe there was ever an "active" gift-referral program over the past 5 years as I have never recieved a gift of any kind from Phoenix-USA, and I have done a lot of referral-became-a-sale for them.

Aimee: For the referral program, either you need to actively tell them before the client comes in and purchases, or the buyer needs to tell them specifically "I am referred by Ron Dittmer"  For them to say "oh I saw a unit while we were camping and I loved it!" is not enough.
Over the years, I have corresponded with many people, some people for hours on end with numerous detailed emails with pictures of my PC and other units to help explain.  Some correspondance yield a sale for the factory.  I never ask anyone to say I referred them.  It would throw "question" as to my intentions.  I figured, if Stuart or someone there would probe the buyer as to how they came about to buying a PC, then it would come out by itself.  But I'll never ask anyone to mention my name as a referral.

Once I asked a buyer to say hi to Stuart for me.  That was all.

I do it for the fun and comradery.  A gift is never the mission.  If it was, I would had dropped off-grid long ago.  But a gift would be nice.  I mean a real gift, not money.  Things for our PC that we wished we had ordered from the start like leather dinette cushions with more dense foam for example.  A mirror next to the stove.  Compass and temperature rear view mirror.  Things like that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:40:13 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 11:35:12 pm »

We told her that it was Ron's referral, so hope that he benefits for having to spend all that time with us on the Grand Tour.  His online pictures helped, but the actual hands on visit to his unit was what made us sure.

ThankYou njheart.  You are my first official.  ThankYou
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:39:20 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 07:06:08 am »

Aimee,
    Sorry, I did not mean to cause a problem about the incentive program. I was told about it when we got our first PC and I thought everyone was told about it. I was just trying to remind you about it. I guess I could have worded it better.

Ron,
    I hope you get a reward from Phoenix. Be it money or something else. I like the idea of allowing the owner the choice of something else or money. I think a lot of folks would opt for the windshield shades if given the option. The owner gets what they want and Phoenix saves some money, a win/win.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: