Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I think I have a brilliant idea  (Read 1786 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 07:51:57 am »

Aimee, I did run this post deep down a different road.  I appologize for that too.  Hopefully the detour is past.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 08:57:43 am »

Count us in also: we live in Montana south of Billings in Summers and in the Tampa Bay area much of the rest of the year.

greg matthews
2551S 2009

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 09:48:10 am »

Aimee,
Count us in as well. As you know, we have had 3 (2350 Sprinter, 2551 and now the 2910). We live on the West Coast of Florida between Sarasota and Ft. Myers and would be willing to show our 2910 to any prospective PC owners.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »

OK.  I'm excited that so many of you are eager to participate!  I think it will be a fun way to meet new people and to add to the PC family!

Quickly about the referral program and then I'd like to move on to the other aspects of the new idea:

Just like with any kind of rebate or loyalty program, there have to be very specific rules. While we love and trust all of you, there is no reason to put temptation before the general public.

Over the years in the referral program they have certainly paid out referrals when customers come in and tell the factory specifically (as the sisters did this week) "we were referred by <First Name> <Last Name>"  Ron Dittmer's name is right on their file.  Stuart put it there himself. He should receive a check after they take delivery.

What there has been a lot of is some variation of the following: (all names are for example only)

1. We talked to Jim when we ran into him in Nebraska.  He told us to come in and say hi!

problem: Who's Jim? Does he live in Nebraska? How do we contact him? Does saying hi mean he showed them the unit? shrug

2. We talked to John and Debra Doe in Oregon and they showed us their unit.

problem: John and Debra Doe aren't in our system (maybe they bought used from somewhere else?) and we don't have contact info for them.

3. After someone has taken delivery of a unit, 3 months later an owner or buyer calls in to tell us they referred the person.

problem: This needs to be done before purchase. At least once this has happened after a owner and new buyer met on the forum and actually had no contact before the purchase.

So to get the referral benefit there have to be rules and guidelines followed. We're not going to ask you to jump through hoops the way you do for a $20 rebate somewhere, but there are simple rules that must all be followed completely going forward. We will just start new with it. 

Here are the rules:

1. The buyer needs to tell the factory *before they make their purchase* that they were referred by someone.

2. The buyer needs to provide first *and* last name.  Forum nickname, first name etc. will not work.

3. If the referrer is not someone we have in our system at the factory, then the buyer needs to provide a phone number, e-mail address or home address of the person *so that we can reach them*.

The $500 gift is meant to thank the current owner for the inconvenience of giving up a couple of hours of their time and letting strangers come in and view their units.  Sometimes the buyers have driven out of their way to meet up with people, or they've given up personal time to be available, etc. The buyer should not be offended that the current owner is compensated for very gracious hospitality.

The best way to make sure the factory finds out about your referral and knows how to contact you after delivery has taken place is to send the buyer with one of your business cards. Print Stuart's number on the back of it and tell them "give this to them at the factory and I know they'll take care of you" or "tell them I sent you and I know they'll take care of you" or "tell them if they need their memory refreshed about any of these options I have that you liked that they can call us" etc.

With this new system hopefully you won't mind to ask them to mention your name at all because it's not like you are soliciting random strangers. These are people who are requesting an audience with you and your rig. But if you are uncomfortable, you do not have to participate.

OK so all of that said, I hope that there are no hard feelings. I promise you that nobody has intentionally been trying to cheat  or slight anyone. It's just that the system has to be straightforward. We cannot put into place a system that sends all of us into a tailspin trying to figure out who there may be out there and where they live, etc. so we can send them a check. And little Amanda is the biggest cheerleader for the referral program. She loves when it happens! I've had a lot of discussion with the factory today about the referral program and they are willing to suspend it if confusion about it is going to offer hurt feelings. They are also willing to start new with it and make sure people understand the rules. There are a lot of PC owners out there these days and a lot more of them are buying used from outside of the factory and we honestly don't know if "Bob showed us his unit" means any number of Roberts we have in our system or someone else entirely. shrug First name and last name and honestly a contact method would be the very easiest way.

Also, just for transparency I will tell you that when I presented the idea to Stuart, I offered three reward options--$0, $50, or $100 and asked him to just pick one. I figured the owners weren't having to drum up people, we were connecting them, and so it would be easier for them. Stuart insisted (in two different e-mails because I presented it to him a second time thinking he didn't understand me) that owners would be given $500 if the person goes on to buy a unit, because he appreciates the inconvenience an owner is willing to go through to open up their home on wheels to strangers.

Aimee, Webmistress
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »

Well done Aimee, you have made it perfectly clear and thanks to Stuart and Amanda for supporting the referral program

Now on to the other aspects of your idea, I am looking forward to posting my location while on the road (or home) and meeting up with prospective buyers and other PC owners.  I would love to show off my PC to buyers and to share mods with other PC owners.

Bob A.

2010  PC 2551
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »

Thanks!  I think the ability to choose a day or two/city or two of a trip (or more) and show off your unit/meet up with other campers will be nice! 

Plus it will be a nice easy way to see who's traveling and is willing to have some company near you! :-)

Aimee, Webmistress
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 07:23:33 pm »

Well shucks, I showed my PC to two potential customers, both made offers and one took it home with him and the toad too.  Sorry about the referral.
jandmhilton

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: February 2011
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: umber
ExtColor: umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:21 pm »

Great idea!  The best thing for us was that PC gave us the name of an owner in our part of the country. We got in touch...and it turned out that we were traveling on the Kansas Turnpike at the same time they were traveling north.  We met in an Interstate 35 island and they kindly gave us a tour - everything including cabinets, cupboards.  It was GREAT.  We would like to be a part of such a sharing.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:56 pm »

Well, shucks, noone's gettin' mine.
After being in this game for over 30 years and having all types of motorhomes, none of the 3 PCz have given me/us any problems (other than that damn fridge door breaking clean off the bottom hinge, which Carol took care of immediately).

I figure I'll be at this for another 3 years or so and we'll enjoy all that goes with it.

Can you tell I'm impressed with PC products and after sale service?

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
LRS

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: Nov. 2009
Model: 2400 Sprinter
IntColor: dk. camel leather
ExtColor: rust full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 12:51:44 pm »

Smile   Two years ago I did receive the $500 bonus/reward for showing my PC to an interested person who ended up buying one.

LRS
BandD

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: 2011 Nov
Model: 2350 Ford
IntColor: maple
ExtColor: white above blue
________

Our unit is available for viewing in Alameda, CA

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:38 pm »

Hi Folks,

Diane and I would be happy to show our rig to prospective buyers.  We're in the San Francisco area, near Oakland.  We have a 2007 2350S with many changes suggested by this forum.

Bill

Bill Cox and Diane Puntenney
Frank

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: April 2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: green