Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back up lights  (Read 523 times)
jlid51

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Feb 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:24:54 pm »

Has anyone tried to wire the back up lights to a switch where you can turn when ever you want?  If  so how did you do it.

Thanks in advance
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:05:04 am »

Probably not quite what you had in-mind, but I added a "Waterproof Toggle Switch" above the rear license plate to turn on the backup lights.  This so they could be used as a work light when hooking and un-hooking my tow vehicle in the dark.  Their low position lights up the work area perfectly.  I no longer need to hold a flashlight in my mouth.  Smile  The motor home does need the parking lights on for the switch to work.

I did originally consider wiring the switch by the driver like I did with my first motor home, but this was much easier and provided control right when I needed it.

Though there is an internal rubber gasket to prevent water from getting in the switch through the handle, I mounted it upside-down to assure water would never collect inside it.

BTW:  Turning on the head lights of the tow vehicle to light up the wok place, made matters worse.  They just blinded me because they are much higher at eye level.  The PCs backup lights are nice and low, perfectly positioned for the job.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:47:27 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: