Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slide on a 2010 2551 and side mirror on same unit  (Read 461 times)

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: feb 2011
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: grey
________

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »

After extending the slide on my unit I have metal shavings under the fridge area,  what are my concerns?  Also after driving on rough highways my right side mirror comes lose from the mount,
you can push it back but it does not seat its self. Any sugestions?
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 38
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »

Use the supplied allen set screw wrench to tighten the two screws on the base of the mirror head if that is what is loose.  If it is loose on the break away portion on the door there must be a nut under the cover plate to tighten some how.  I would worry that the catch might be broken perhaps someone gave it a hrad hit along the line.
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:52 pm »

Don't worry.  The metal shavings are not a problem.  I've had them on all 3 of the pc's I've owned.  There's an old string on this forum that discussed this issue several years ago.  Can't remember the exact cause, but it has something to do with residual shavings from the installation.  Your mirror issue is fairly common, and the 2 set screws mentioned earlier are the problem/solution.  Had the same thing happen on a pc I transported for the company, and on my 2nd pc.  Minor issue easily solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: