Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Generator and inverter issues  (Read 3128 times)
phoenix cruiser

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:21:04 am »

We have a 2007 2551 that we really like- we downsized from a Bluebird Wanderlodge and don't miss it a bit.  We are having an issue that someone else might be experiencing and would like to correct the problem.   When our generator is running the items that are powered by the inverter ( i.e. satellite, mircrowave) go off and on repeatedly when we are trying to use them- needless to say, the satellite tv never can download or work properly.  Of course when the generator is running we don't have the inverter on so this is a puzzle. 

Thanks for any comments.
Val
geomusic

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:30:02 am »

Hello, Val. I have a bit of a similar issue with my '06 PC-2950. When running on generator, I have enough power to run my TV and microwave. But my air conditioner wants to stop and restart. Then, finally, the generator dies. I was told that my generator may be laboring under demand. It may be you have a similar problem with inconsistent power from the generator.

I'm told there may be "varnish" in my generator from lack of use and letting fuel sit in it for long periods of time. (My unit was 2 years old when I bought it and had only 45 hours on the generator.) I was advised to get some "Sea Foam" at Walmart (auto section) and try to clean the carburetor with it. Not sure how to do that yet. But hope to get it cleaned and generator oil changed next weekend. Hopefully, that will resolve my issue since I'm going dry camping the following week... luckily, here in Florida.

George
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:04:10 pm »

phoenix cruiser,
Maybe there is an issue with your power transfer switch.  In my 2350 with fixed dinette, it is in the front bench seat, located directly above the generator itself.

geomusic,
I wonder if your Onan's altitude adjustment is set to high altitude, and you are now at low altitude, or the other way around.  The adjustment changes how rich or lean.  It is located on the generator.  Remove the green access panel and see what it is set to.

We store our 2350 in a heated garage and never run the generator off season.  I rarely run it in-season.  The last good run under load was last August with a/c on for an hour, and all was well.  I hear all the time about the need to run the generator off-season, but I never do.  I figure they sit in unheated warehouses on shelves for years before they get installed.....right?

What little gas evaporates in the carburetor bowl isn't going to gum up anything.  At least that has been my experience with all my lawn equipment for nearly 20 years.  I store them without any prep in my garage, long before I had heat in there, and they always start up fine in the spring.  18hp lawn tractor, 8hp garden tiller, push mower and weed trimmer, are all now 20 years old and still run like champs.  Even my 8hp snow thrower does great, and that works during the opposing season.  I must be doing something right with straight forward general maintenance.  But no storage preparations or off-season runs.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:11:15 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Stuart

Helpful Rating: 5
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:49:02 pm »

We have a 2007 2551 that we really like- we downsized from a Bluebird Wanderlodge and don't miss it a bit.  We are having an issue that someone else might be experiencing and would like to correct the problem.   When our generator is running the items that are powered by the inverter ( i.e. satellite, mircrowave) go off and on repeatedly when we are trying to use them- needless to say, the satellite tv never can download or work properly.  Of course when the generator is running we don't have the inverter on so this is a puzzle. 

Thanks for any comments.
Val

shrug.....Just checked with Kermit as to your problem.  Not sure he understands your problem and asked that you give him a call at the plant 574-266-2020.  Best time to catch him is between 3-5pm.
Stuart
don

Helpful Rating: 4
________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:45 pm »

Inverter runs off the RV batteries.  Generator provides 120V AC when you can not plug in your shore line cable.

Inverter also provides 120V AC, but only to wall outlets and limited to maximum of 2000watts.

You probably have a generator problem.  Try pluging in to shore power.

Don

Don
markbrumbaugh

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:46:52 am »

If you are running off the inverter, then it could be the minimum draw setting there, although I doubt the microwave can run off the inverter all all.  I disconnected the remote inverter actuating switch, so I can actually use the line only mode.  When in that mode, that can seem to cycle the TV etc a few times when starting up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: