Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No power to HWH levelers  (Read 858 times)
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »

You solved my battery problem, maybe you can help on levelers problem.

While the HWH levelers were extended, the unit stopped getting power. I trouble shot with the technicians - the directed me under chassis- and one light in control panel is off. The said that indicates that the unit is not getting power. They have offered to arrang to fix on trio
P home from MT to FL. It will add a day and additional 300 mikes to trip. They said is would be covered under the warranty.

Befor I alter trip home, imam looking for ideas.

By the way the HWH levelers that PC installs allow you to drive forward to get off when this problem occurs. Once you drive forward, the unit swing up.

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:42:39 am »

There are a couple of things that come to mind, 1. Check the swich by the side door to insure the house batteries are on. Note the light can be on while the batteries are off if you are plugged in. 2. Check the parking brake pedal for a wire comming from the HWH and make sure it did not get knocked off during the running boad light fix. 3. Make sure the parking brake is on, as the jacks only work when it is on.

When did The jacks stop working? Are any of the control box  light coming on?

I would check for a authurized HWH repair along your route before going 300 miles out of your way.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ge_montana

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:43 am »

Update: The levelers are extended but folded rearward as I drove off the levelers. The red leveler light on the dash is on and there is no change in it whether the foot brake is "on" or "released." The HWH panel on the dashboard is blank (no lights on). It seem as if no electricity is getting to it, however the red light is on. The use switches by the side door are "on" and "in use" the inverter is on and the unit is plugged in.

Cannot locate any loose wires.

There are lights under the unit except for the single red light which is off, the tech from HwH said that means the power not getting to the unit.

Any ideas

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
ge_montana

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:19:23 am »

Further update. Just left HWH and they had to rewrite the power to my units. Apparently either the dealer who installed the levelers -I bought from second owner- or the dealer who handled my purchased direct wired the unit to battery. HWH connected to accessory fuse behind the foot brake.

This seems to solve several problems, such as frequent dead battery, see other post.

Anyhow, with the fixed wiring the unit automatically turns off when the ignition is turned off. They said wiring directly to batter can cause short in system. I guess if you unit does not go off automatically, a similar retire may be present.
While the e450 was on the lift, The tech also told me that because of where my unit is weighed, there is no way for me to manually release the levelers. The unit is mounted about in the middle of the chassiss. As a result the clearance under the unit in too small to get to valve. Said unit should have been mounted behind the generator.

Fortunately the unit has a drive forward feature to allow you to get off when the levelers are stuck.

Thanks for all comments. By the way, the HWH people are a great group and have hookups for those who have appointments.

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:20 pm »

Cheers Cheers Cheers

Sometimes it is best to go to the real experts. Glad they fixed it for you.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

One of the greatest problems with RV ownership is that motorhomes are neither fish nor fowl.  They're not just a truck or not just a vacation cabin.  It would be nice to always go to the experts, but they are not always nearby or even recognizeable.  I think the best thing any RVer can do is search for the best RV mechanic or dealership he/she can find where they live and cultivate a good relationship with them.  We're in the process of moving from Arkansas to Kingwood, TX, and that's one of the challenges.

Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: