Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Issue  (Read 494 times)
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:30 pm »

We're currently campground hosts in an Idaho state park and had a campers' dog bite someone.  The owner of the dog did not have vacination records for the dog with him which caused him considerable problems.  Eventually, their vet faxed partial information which kept the sheriff from taking the dog, but they had to complete a lot of extra paper work.  Word to the wise: tags are good, but copies of current records for your pet are vital.
njheart on the road

Helpful Rating: 7
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 1/2014
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: No
IntColor: Sunlit leather w/Maple cabinets
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
________

"Wherever you are, be all there..." Jim Elliot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:21:58 am »

This is a great reminder for all of us who travel with our fur-kids.  I know we usually have current records in the glove compartment, but occasionally these things slip thru and get put last on our checklist. 

Also, I am careful when walking our dogs thru the campgrounds and have collars that they won't slip off and get away.  But last week in Wisconsin I had a fellow come up and want to "pet" my dog proclaiming himself a dog lover.  He ended up trying to "play" with her like she was his own dog, roughing up her fur and trying to hold her around her head.  This fellow could easily have provoked a quick bite to back him off before I could (back him off, not bite him!)  I will be checking our records before the next outing.  Thanks for the reminder! 
 SadDog

~marilyn
"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God." Jim Elliot
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:18:38 am »

Thanks for a good reminder.  This is especially true if you plan to cross over into Canada.  They will ask to see the papers at most entry points, so don't ruin your trip by not having them.

Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: