Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cherry Finish Maintenace and Repair  (Read 798 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 312
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:12:46 am »

Thought I'd share this tip with you.  If you have cherry finish the Minwax Blend-Fil pencil - #7 is a perfect match.  No matter how careful I am I sometimes nick the cabinet edge when I get something out of the cupboard.  I get my pencil out and fill it in and it is undetectable. The #7 pencil is Red Mahogany but it is a perfect match.  They also have a #6 pencil labeled Cherry but I found the #7 to be a perfect blend.

Here's the link:

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/maintenance-repair/minwax-blendfil-pencil

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:29 am »

I found another Minwax product that I have used to repair any missing stain on the cherry cabinets.  It is the stain marker.  It can be seen at http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/maintenance-repair/minwax-wood-finish-stain-marker

This marker actually has stain in it compared to the putty.  The putty is great to do a fill in of any nicks or dents but if I just have a small scratch that is in need of stain I use this.  I run over the scratch with the marker, wait just a second or 2 and then take a paper towel and dab over it.  By dabbing with the paper towel you remove any of the stain that is sitting on top of the wood but it keeps the stain within the scratched area.   Again the red mahogany was a great color match for the cherry cabinets.

I did "MAJOR" fall cleaning of the PC last week (took me three days) and now everything looks brand new again.   Now I get to start cleaning the house.  pulling hair out

Barry and Sue 
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 88
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:11 am »

Thank you Sue! George is now building the cabinet behind the driver's seat. It is taking forever but it has got to be done right! I want to make reservations for our October mini (and I mean mini--Franklin Locks) trip and I don't want to go unless that cabinet is finished. I know that we will need that marker to take care of some nicks and scratches that will occur during this project.

I will post photos of the finished project.

Now get to cleaning the house  LOL LOL LOL

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:26 pm »

Judi,

We might have a couple of ounces of the cherry stain left over that we got from phoenix when we ordered our unit.  If we do and you need some let me know and I will put it in a small jar and bring it to WP in January.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: