Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New member/owner  (Read 1356 times)
Johnnycrab

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: September 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

Just a note to say hello.  My wife and I recently ordered 2910T.  Saw the Phoenix Cruiser at the Hershey show and was sold on it.  Won't have possession until sometime in November, but we are anxiously awaiting for that to happen.  One of my first questions I suppose is " did we make a good decision". Thanks in advance. 

Sharon & John
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:27:42 am »

Yes you did!  We ordered our 2350 this year and took possession in June... coming from a Rialta, we are very very pleased with our unit.... You will get yours just in time to make the trek south with us hey?   (We however don't go south till about Feb and then our destination is Arizona/NM)> 

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:06:56 am »

We ordered our 2350 this year and took possession in June... coming from a Rialta, we are very very pleased with our unit..
D&B, you make an excellent point worth noting and adding to.

We came from a 17 foot long basic (extremely basic) motor home SEEN HERE.  It was much smaller than your Rialta, and we used it for 24 years, so when we graduated up to a 2350 5 years ago, it was like moving into a mansion.  A satisfying deciision depends on what you are used to, where you were coming from, and where you want to be heading in the way of the size and floorplan of a motor home.  Assuming that part of Johnnycrab's decision is in good order, they surely picked the right manufacture.

Congratulations Johnnycrab!  Welcome to the family.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:11:23 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Johnnycrab

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:39:28 am »

Thanks guys for the feedback. We are coming from a 37 ft. Fifth wheel and full size tow vehicle.  As far as room goes we had plenty.  However, fitting in different campsites was a concern, we always had to use Pull throughs at least most of the time. If we stopped to rest it required leaving tow vehicle And go back to fifth.  Now with the Cruiser we don't have to do any of that.  Makes it easier for my wife and pet too.  My son, who camps with us in his own rig thinks we are going to find it too small.  I don't think so though.  The 2910 T has three slides so I think we will be fine.  We take grand kids along occasionally too.  So some extra room for that too.  Thanks again.

Sharon & John
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:05:45 am »

I have seen a few 5th wheel with tow vehicle trains.  When we'd pass them, I'd think "WOW, that's long.

A tow vehicle generally has no complaints from us PC owners.  Many of us don't tow anything at all, but my wife and I tow a Jeep Liberty for the at-destination mobility.

Hopefully your adjstment from a 5th to a 2910T will be uneventful with the pros outweighing the cons by far.

gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »

Welcome!
You made an excellent decision. We have had 3 new PC's in the last 3 years, the last being the 2910 which we picked up in June. We love it! Kermit and the crew did a custom job for us. We only have one slide in the living area and twin beds in the rear.

One thing that I STRONGLY suggest is having the factory install a mirror behind the sink. In the model at the Tampa Show in January, there was only the wood paneling behind the sink. My thought, as the one who does the dishes, is that water would splash on the wood behind the sink and leave water marks if not dried immediately. The wood behind the sink looks nice but is not practical. We also had the mirror placed to the left of the stove. Again, for easy clean up if needed.

We have also posted on some of the other changes with pictures attached. Check them out. Now is the time to make any changes.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

I'm convinced that you an I have purchased a well built and finished vehicle that is durable and will give you many years of service. As to whether the 2910 is right for you, that's yours to determine.

Do read about the suspension recommendation many of us have made to improve the drivability of the ford E 450 chassis.

Greg

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 04:22:15 pm »

Just by reading this forum, you can tell we all like them and that most of us have had one or more, some of us many many more motorhomes before our PC. Just be carefull, they can be like potato chips, hard to have just one.  rolling on the floor

Which layout fits you, only you and your better half can tell.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Johnnycrab

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »

Thanks for everyone's input.  We appreciate the advice.  We can't wait till we get ours and start using it.

Sharon & John
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

Johnnycrab

Congratulations on the new PC.  We have had 2 PCs and they were both great.  The crew at phoenix is dedicated to doing a good job and wants to make the customer happy.  You have made a very good decision.

We have had a 2008 2350 and a 2012 2551 both drove and handled differently from the factory.  On the 2008 2350 we had to do several things to the suspension to make it very drivable.  In the case of the 2012 2551 it was very drivable from the factory, all we did was get a front end alignment.  Before you make any suspension changes drive it in as many different conditions as possible. Then you can determine if anything needs to done.

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 07:01:56 pm »

We totally agree with Barry. After 4000 miles this summer with the 2910, we don't feel that we need any suspension improvements.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 08:23:45 am »

I agree about the suspension as well.  Our 2350 on a 2007 E350 chassis needed a lot of help, but we think because of the ratio of the wheel base to rear over-hang, and adding that our fresh water tank is mounted against the rear wall.  Other PC models are less dramatic with these circumstances which may not require the same suspension investment.

The Ford E350 prior to 2008 didn't come with a rear sway bar so we had no rear sway bar at all.  2008 to today has both front and rear sway bars straight from Ford, though debatable if they are adequate for motor home applications in general.  Given PCs are not massive like conventional class Cs, the stock bars seem to be satisfactory to most PC owners, but less effective with models 2100, 2350, and 2400 due to their dramatic wheel base to rear over-hang ratio.

I feel any PC built on an E350 prior to 2008, the owners certainly should install a heavy duty rear sway bar, if not done already.  Having no rear sway bar at all is surely a formula for handling troubles for models 2100, 2350, and 2400.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:19:42 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:41 am »

We've put over 10,000 miles on our 2552S and I'm very sensitive to handling and alignment issues. Fortunately, we've not needed any work to make it handle better or improve tire wear. In fact, it handles the road well enough I'm afraid to touch it in the hopes for improvement.
But I've never overcooked a corner with it (guess at who that statement's targeted). Wink

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 07:52:23 am »

I added the Bilstein shocks and a rear anti-sway bar to our 2010 2350. I don't think the anti-sway bar was worth the money because it came with a larger bar the the older models did, but the shocks did help. Our 2012 2552 does not seem to need any upgrades except in a heavy wind or some trucks passing. I might be putting Bilstein shock on it because I like the extra control they give me. It will make the ride a little harsher, more sports car like ride. It is all a matter of taste.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 08:20:49 am »

So far with my 2012 2350, I have added the Blue Ox Trax Bar, Bilstein Shocks (Front only) and of course a "front end alignment".

I was told by the alignment place that my "ball joints" is my biggest handling problem.  Being a new vehicle, he said they are very tight, and causing "oversteering".  He was correct, as when I got a few thousand miles on it, they did loosen up somewhat, (especially coming home once on the Minnesota rough I90). But I feel they are still not normal as the steering still appears abnormally tight. So will just put more miles on it and see it that improves. 

I like the Bilstein shocks so well on the front, that I am going to get a set now for the rear. They seem to improve the ride and reduce the swaying...

As far as the anti-sway bar goes.... I don't think it is worth the money for third party replacement. Took a micrometer on my stock ones and compared that to the rather expensive third party ones, and wasn't much difference in diameter...  Remember Ford now puts these bars on the later year vehicles... Was not true earlier. I think good shocks such as the Bilstein are more effective. Read the testimonials on them.

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: