Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Florida campground  (Read 1007 times)
Johnnycrab

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: September 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »

Well we are a couple of months out from getting our 2910T. Can't wait.  Our first trip will be to Florida around the second week of January.  Does anyone know of a campground with cabins ( for friends ) on the west coast  central area?  I'm sure the different resorts fill up fast so I better get moving on this.  Thanks

John

Sharon & John
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »

John,

While I cannot recommend a specific park if you look at www.rvparkreviews.com you will get an idea of what parks are in the particular area you want to be, how people rate them, and what they have to offer.  It even allows you to click on the website of the park and check out the rates, rental cabins, amenities etc...

I find this site very useful when looking for a campground.  You get a pretty good idea of what type of place it is.  I used this site for our last trip out east and found all the information that I wanted.  We were not disappointed in any of the campgrounds we stayed at and averaged $29 a night for the 22 nights that we camped.  That included using a few Passport America parks that were recommended on this site.

Sue
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:49:41 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Johnnycrab

________
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:04 am »

Thanks.  Barry and Sue

Sharon & John
classact

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »

John,
I'll echo Sue's recommendation for rvparkreviews.com.   It's a fantastic site, and we use it virtually every time we leave the house to set out on a trip.  There are no sponsored links or other commercial things to cloud the information - it's simply reviews from regular folks and it's proven to be a great tool for us to use.

Mike

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »

We live in Florida and actually just came back from a State Park in Ocala.  Silver River State Park .... what a really, really nice place !!!!!!
It is super clean ... the sites are private with water, electric, picnic tables, firepit, and barbecue pit at each site.  Clean white crushed stone for camp sites.  Facilities are spotless.  They have a museum of Florida history ... hiking trails .... canoe rentals down the beautiful clear silver springs .... and ... they have cabins.  The campsites are $25.00 a night and the cabins have wrap around screen porches and they accommodate several people and "I THINK" they were $110.00 a night.   www.FloridaStateParks.org/silverriver
We went over Father's Day weekend for the first time and we had had such a nice time we stayed an extra night. 

Pets are allowed.

You are right next to "Silver Springs Park" also a neat place to spend a day and you are minutes away from the  Ocala National Forrest.
Hope that was a help   Smile
Carol Power

Vince & Carol Power
Johnnycrab

________