Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rather be camping?  (Read 1989 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:17:25 am »

Vince and I sold our business of 30 years 6 years ago .... we both love being retired, but owning our business we pretty much worked year round. We took one family vacation with our son before he graduated and went in the Air Force but it was all of 5 days .... and just when we thought we were unwinding and having a good time we had to head back home.  We saw the change of seasons for the first time ever two years ago when we took a quick trip up to North Carolina. Our problem is that we never did any traveling so we really don't know where or what to do.  We drive someplace and turn around and come back home again.

Retirement is great we just don't how to use it !!!!!!!

On January 2 at Franklin Locks. there will be 3 other couples that will suggest how to use your retirement!!! See you then.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59:38 am »

I enjoy RV camping and travel, particularly to Alberta and British Columbia,  but spend much more time on package land tours or cruises.  I would heartily recommend this to all of you.  Two of the most popular are Canadian cruises out of NY or Boston to Nova Scotia, PEI, Quebec, and Montreal and Alaska cruise/land tours out of Seattle or Vancouver.  Another trip I really enjoyed this past April was a coast to coast rail tour from Vancouver to Halifax - 4200 miles - with overnights in several cities.  Since we're coming to enjoy overseas air flights less and less, we're booked for October 2013 on a 42 night cruise from/to Fort Lauderdale that goes to the Canary Islands, Morrocco, Spain, Italy, and assorted islands.  These are surprisingly reasonable in price.  Just some more ways to fill your long, leisurely days in retirement.

Jerry
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: January 2008
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
IntColor: Maple/Beige
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:42 pm »

Just some more ways to fill your long, leisurely days in retirement.

Jerry
[/quote]

And I thought the past weeks of raking leaves was fun...... Grin

Bill G

Bill and Karen Golden
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

Judi:
I am so excited and can't wait ..... no one ever tells us where to go lol  rolling on the floor.

We try to get away but always seem to be one street away from where we should be and always seem to miss finding the good stuff .... and just come back home  sad

We drove to Myrtle Beach SC one year (so excited) only to find that all the dinner clubs and shows, were closed as they were preparing for the holiday shows .... we ended up coming home the next day .... this is our luck.

I am thinking we need to begin with a company that plans adventures and you just arrive ... that is our speed !!!

BTW on the "Matress" on a previous discussion .... did you know that when you flip the mattress it is actually harder foam on the other side ..... and ..... after memory foam and egg crate foam and the taking it all off flipping the mattress back over and then putting back the egg crate foam and .... pulling my lower back out from the bed being so uncomfortable  Cry and Vince thinking OMG where did I find her (ha-ha) we finally ordered a new 8" interspring mattress which should arrive in a couple of weeks. We may get a nose bleed being up in the air two more inches but I am so excited and hope this makes it all better.

Look forward to travel recommendations and most of all making new friends  ThumbsUp .... See you next year.

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:37 pm »

Just some more ways to fill your long, leisurely days in retirement.

Jerry

And I thought the past weeks of raking leaves was fun...... Grin

Bill G
[/quote]

Jerry:
We are on two acres  in Florida and we don't have the dropping of the leaves to awfully bad ... we stay pretty green .... plus that is way to much work for me  LOL
Regarding travel ... we would die if we were away from home all the days, weeks, and months like you   shrug even if we don't have anything else to do  Smile. We have to start with baby steps .... these are two people that the longest we have been away from home is a week. We flew to Tennessee one year so we couldn't drive back home the next day .... but we booked our flight home four days later and were crying the blues that we had to wait that long to go back home ... so we are not even sure if there is any hope at all for us    Smile

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 314
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »

Carol

There is always hope for everyone.

Start by joining us on January 2 at Franklin Locks for a day or two.

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 09:49:58 am »

Carol... wonder if there is medication for that?  Smile

Barb and I are gypsy's. (Probably a lot to do with living in Wisconsin's snow and Ice.)

In our younger years did a lot of oversea trips. But since 9-11 kind of got soured on them. 

Now only go oversea when on a Christian Missions Trip.

Do have a "family and friends" with a cruise line that allowed us to recently enjoy some nice cruises a bit cheaper. 

But our passion is camping.  All three of our kids family's now recently took up camping. This summer, God willing, we will be going to Bamif BC with one family and then joining another family in Rapid City SD, and then then moving south to Wyoming and camping with our sons family that live out there in the Snowy Ridge Mountains.

So trying to think of ways to put the garden on "automatic" as we will be gone probably a month.  Smile

And of course, after our Missions trip in Jan 2013, we will be gypsy'ing our way around NM and Ariz for 3 months.  (by end of April even Wi. starts to warm up!)

Denny

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

Just a couple of observations.  Banff is sort of the Gatlinburg of the Canadian Rockies.  Blocks of overpriced stores and restaurants and FULL of traffic in the summer.  I strongly advise the Kannaskis Country about 40 miles south of there.  The RV Park at Mt. Kidd is fabulous.  Large wooded sites, full hookups if desired, clean bath faciliteis, a river behind it and a mountain overlooking it.  Best thing in my opinion, NO BINGO.  On the other hand, the Rapid City area is great.  Two areas just south of Rapid City that shouldn't be missed are Custer State Park (drive right through a buffalo herd) and Mammouth Hot Springs, where you walk on catwalks over a mammouth and cave bear burial ground in a former sinkhole around a watering hole.  Beautiful area.

Jerry
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 10:57:41 pm »

Thanks Jerry.. Been to both places but your tips are appreciated.

Denny

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: