Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stowing Pots & Pans  (Read 1535 times)
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:29:07 am »

About 12 years ago, we were looking for a compact set of cookware to fit in the small galley in our 35 ft sloop, AEGIR. At that time Welcome Aboard, http://www.welcome-aboard.com, had a nesting cookware set that fit into less than 0.5 cu ft. It now fits in a small space under the gimbaled alcohol range on the boat.

When we got our PC 2350 last October, we looked for a something similar. Welcome Aboard now carries a variety of nesting cookware and accessories. For the 2350, I saw that our local West Marine, www.westmarine.com, carries nesting sets by Waring and Magma. I got a 10-piece set by Magma. It was the Teflon-coated set to make cleanup easier. The set is high quality, with stainless-aluminum-stainless bottoms. One reservation is that the saut pan has high, straight sides so flipping an omelet would be a neat trick.

The assembled set fits neatly into the drawer below the cutting board in the 2350. See the photo. The drawer also holds a canister and the dogs dishes. We stow the teapot, another canister, mixing bowls, baking pans, and French coffee press in the lower drawer.

While the PC galleys are compact, we find that the drawers and cupboard seem to hold all the cooking gadgets, cutlery, etc. that we could use; even a mini-food processor and a salad spinner.

Now if there was someplace for the food.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:37:23 am by NC Sailors » Logged

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »

Thank you so much for these ideas.  I will get busy and do some researching to see if I can buy some of these things locally or will order on line.  I really appreciate your response.  We have the small slideout and electric sofa so there isn't much storage on that side of the coach.

Margie
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:45:19 am »

Looks like we will be heading over to West Marine today to check out the nesting sets.

Where do you store your provisions?

Thanks

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:59:17 am »

Since we picked up our unit in late October, we have not had much time on the road with it. It has been a cold, stormy winter here in the mid-Atlantic. The daily highs and lows have been 5-15 below normal almost every day this year. On the trip back from Phoenix in Elkhart, I stowed provisions in the drawer under the sofa. (Very handy.) Now we have the bedding for the inflatable bed stowed there.

Two areas available for provisions are the refrigerator and the cupboards in the slide over the sofa. Since we do not drink soda or use ice, we have more room for the basics: butter, milk, eggs, juice, yogurt, cheese, meat, some vegetables, and leftovers. We keep breads, leftovers, and packages of sliced/chopped varieties of onions and peppers in the freezer. Packaged provisions (e.g., cereal, rice, crackers, cookies, beans, dried fruit, etc.) and canned goods will go over the sofa. We store tall bottles (i.e., olive oil, vinegar, dish detergent, and surface cleaner) in the cupboard over the sink along with the plates, bowls, mugs, and the collapsible salad spinner. The overhead compartment forward of the slide now has bulky consumables like paper plates, napkins, and cups. The other compartments over the cab are now empty.

We also like those reusable green colored storage bags that really seem to keep vegetables fresh longer. We are still looking for a way to stow securely but conveniently a set of herbs and spices. (Any ideas?) Note: One can carry alcohol in miniatures to avoid state laws against having open containers in the vehicle.

If one looks outside the PC, there is almost infinite storage at Whole Foods or Walmart. Therefore, we plan to replenish provisions regularly while on the road with fresh local stuff as available.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: