Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ron and Irene Dittmer; Dancing with the Stars  (Read 893 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:56:07 pm »

Congrats to Ron and Irene Dittmer!!!!

They won!! If you would like to view the competition go to Youtube.com/RonDittmer.

Next they'll be moving to Hollywood.

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:51:22 pm »

Thank You Gradygal!

It was a great evening of fun and fund-raising.  We entered the competition with over $3,600 donated/sponsored ahead of time from so many people, and received nearly $2000 more from the 320 attendees, some voting for us with their donations after the competition was over. 

Yes we did win first place, but the 2nd best couple was only $30 behind us, so the judges declaired a tie.  That was great, having so much being donated to our local homeless shelter here: www.padsofelgin.org.  We were told the dance teams all combined nearly doubled the next best year.  And one dance team backed out a month prior, so we did that good with one less team to contribute, 5 of 6 teams in all.

Because we won, we go back next year and dance the same again, only not as fund raising competitors, but for an exhibition to warm up the crowd.

CLICK HERE----> http://www.youtube.com/user/RonDittmer    to see our dance on You Tube.

That was so out of our comfort zone.  We never did anything like that before.  I never had danced in any fashion my entire life when walking into a dance studio two years ago with two left feet.  Both at age 52, the two of us never dreamed this evening of competition was possible.

My wife Irene and I thank all who donated on-line in helping this event to be such a great success.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:32:34 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: