Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: new shades  (Read 449 times)
jmosier

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/29/2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:38:53 pm »

Has anyone purchased the new shades yet?  How do you like them?  What did they cost/

Jim
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 07:55:11 am »

Welcome jmosier,

Which shades are you talking about, the inside window shades or the outside windshield shade that Amanda at Phoenix sells. If you are talking about Amanda's shades, yes I bought them last year and find they work really well. I can see out during the day and no one can see in. At night I can bearly see out and everyone can see in. I just pull the curtains across when I don't wants anyone seeing in. They help keep the sun out and the motorhome stays a lot cooler during the day. At night they help keep the campground lights out. The white shades I bought at Camping World just help light up inside. The curtains kind of glow at night without the black shades. The shades are easy to put on and take off. I am a six footer and don't need the wand that came with them. If you do a search, you will find that several owners have bought them and all seem to like them. They are costly but they work. I guess you get what you pay for. Cheers

You might want to complete filling out your profile as this information is helpful went answering some of your question. ThankYou

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
jmosier

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 12/29/2012
IntColor: Sunlit
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »

Thanks, I was asking about the cab shades.  Sounds like I will get them.  I will not receive my PC until sometime in December.

And I think I have updated my profile.  Thought I have do so yesterday but it did not take.  Must have done something wrong.

Jim
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »

Congratulations on your new PC.  We ordered Amanda's exterior shades and they are WONDERFUL.  In addition to keeping the cab cool in the sun they also help keep the warmth inside when it is cold outside.  We had the same thing on our boat so jumped at the chance to purchase them.  You can see what is going on outside but people cannot see in.  We do draw the accordian drapes at night as you can really see in.  The think I like the ease of installing them.  It is a one person job if you snap the two magnets together and slide the whole thing across the windshield then just go to either side the put the magnets where they are supposed to be.  Otherwise the magnets tend to grab on the metal hood and are hard to install.  The side windows are a cinch and it has the added feature of keeping out the bugs if you have the windows rolled down.  I would buy them again in a heartbeat.
LRS

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: Nov. 2009
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: dk. camel leather
ExtColor: rust full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »

Well, I might have the "redneck" solution, but this is what I did.  My large dog could get under those little pleated curtains...so one time
I piled luggage bags, etc. onto the front seats to keep him out....but it seemed that the inside of the rv was diminished.

(Had looked at the PC shades....wow...did not know they weren't private at night...so glad I did not get them.)

Anyhow....after getting an idea from someone at a car upholstery shop, I bought some curtain liner fabroc (at JoAnn's)...sort of rubberized..or feels like it...waterproof....anyhow it is used to line curtains that might cover a sliding glass door...so no light gets through and it blocks heat.

My sister-in-law gets the credit for cutting and stitching them for me.  Wonderful!!!

There is one for each front door....the shape matches the door...but a bit wider to get "caught" in the door.   The top has a short piece
stitched to the bigger piece. This shorter piece fits over the open door and laps over on the outside of the door when the door
is closed.  The longer side is on the inside. The dog cannot get under it.   This helps with sun/heat, privacy, and now Max cannot
see out to bark---and I can use the front seats and dash when parked.

This might have been confusing. Sorry.  It was inexpensive and is not permanent; I just put them on the doors when camping. It works!    Smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: