Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inside front curtain  (Read 631 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2012, 11:29:24 am »

njheart on the road stated
I would love to see a more "relaxed" fabric rather than the stiff accordion style that PC currently uses.

When we had our 2008 2350 we could never use the swivel front passenger seat at night when the curtains were drawn since they were too short and too stiff to accommodate the seat being swiveled.  When we ordered our 2012 2551 we requested an extra curtain panel to allow us enough curtain to accommodate both the driver and passenger seat being swiveled.  We only needed about a third of that curtain so I cut it and sewed it into the existing curtain to give us more fabric to go around the seat.  It has worked great and it allows us to use both seats at night with the curtain closed.  Since the curtain is larger on the drivers side I had to move the straps from the middle to the bottom screw to accommodate the new thickness.  It actually worked out better for us and now the curtain doesn't flare out on the bottom when in the stored position.  Login to see pics.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
gypsysuzy

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:31 pm »

I have a 2005, 2350 that I bought used.  There were no front curtains that came with it, only the stiff white insulated vinyl stuff that snaps on.  I'm pretty sure this was not factory installed as it doesn't even fit properly.  I would love to make some drapes but trying to determine where the rail would install and just how I would design them.  Do drapes come with the 2350?  Any suggestions or ideas?
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

If you click on the pictures above you can actually see the rail and how these are hung.  These curtain tracks can be bought at many of the RV shops.  I would actually call Phoenix and see if the rail and curtains were part of the 2005 model.  They may be able to guide you as to where to place them.  The RV hardware that holds the curtains are also available in many RV shops.  The ones that PC uses look like this.

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: