Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Silicone Cookware  (Read 614 times)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 78
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:14 am »

I'm wondering if anyone has done extensive cooking with silicone cookware. It seems to me that it would be perfect for the RV as it is lightweight, non-stick for quick easy cleaning, can be used in the microwave, freezer and oven and it doesn't rattle. I bought my granddaughter a cookbook/bakeware set called "Bake it in a Cup" that came with small to standard size muffin cups and we had fun making eggs, lasagna, ham and cheese rolls (her ABSOLUTE favorite), frozen yogurt snacks, desserts, etc. You do have to set the silicone on a sturdy pan since they flex when you move them but I figured I'd be toting a baking sheet anyhow. I purchased mega-size baking cups and plan to experiment with those. The added bonus of baking in the cups is individual servings that cook a bit quicker and store easily (think meatloaf,lasagna, meat  or veggie pies, etc.) AND you can set the whole meal on one tray in the oven/microwave as the cups keep the different foods separated. SOUNDS perfect but reality doesn't always follow my logic. So before I buy more squishy cookware, I thought I'd tap the RV Brain Trust on this forum. Anyone with silicone COOKWARE experience?

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »

2 FRAZZLED:

I am catching up on older posts and noticed your post on the silicone cookware.  I have used them at home and they work great, things don't stick to them .... although I Pam them anyway. I have made bundt cakes etc with no problem. I have not used them in the RV yet but they are loaded in because they don't take up any room, don't rattle or shift around and can also come in handy to cushion rattling stuff.

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:41:34 am »

Carol, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy a set that fits the PC micro/oven. The light weight and lack of rattling will probably outweigh any negatives that come along.

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:23:25 pm »

Hi Holly,

It sounds like you are really getting into this RV life style and having a good time at it. Already planning what cookware you will buy. I hope John is having as much fun as you are.  GirlsNightOut GirlsNightOut

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:33 pm »

We just got back from our test camping trip to Florida. We reviewed all the models and all the mods that you and others have done to your rigs and made our own little wish list (just need to clean it up and type it up). While lounging in the RV during one chilly night (36 degrees), John piped up that if we decide to full time in the unit more than a year and we think the 2552 is too small - we'll just trade in for a bigger one. The gypsy spirit is calling him. He REALLY liked the cushy camping life with the RV. Lots of hiking, lots of lounging, lots of chatting with really nice people - all good. We tried to stay in camp and "live" in the RV and did so most of the trip but we discovered it was just too easy to unhook, stow our gear and run off to play for the day. We know that with a toad, it will be even easier. So, yes, John is excited. We will be heading for Phoenix soon for a tour and a sit down with Stuart. AND our "on the road" date might be moved up if we can get all the pieces to fall into place. So far, so good. YEE HA!

LRS

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: Nov. 2009
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: dk. camel leather
ExtColor: rust full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:16:29 pm »

This is something I have done...though we never cooked too much...haha...but the PC does have
a silicone loaf pan, muffin pan, egg cooker, and a round cake pan for whatever.
 They are perfect for the little convection/microwave!   Smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: