Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Updating predigital video in 2006 PC 2551  (Read 1106 times)
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:10 am »

I just bought a like new 2006 PC 2551 and am getting ready to update the video system.  Since the TV is a very nice Samsung LCD model, but without a digital tuner, I would like to add a convertor. I assume that I can simply add it at the 75 ohm connection on the front bulkhead and plug it into a 110 v. outlet in the same cabinet.  I realize this will only give me decent reception in strong signal areas.  Is this the correct way to do this?  Any other suggestions?  Also, I plan to add a new LCD HD tv in the bedroom.  Again, I assume that I just reinforce the cabinet wall, drill a neat hole for the coax and the power cord, and connect them to connections inside the upper passenger side cabinet.  I plan to use a swivel bracket with a 19" tv, although I believe the factory tvs were 15".  My measurements suggest the 19" model would fit and only weighs 8 pounds.  I might also add a DVD player, but haven't decided on that.  Any suggestions on this?  I just want to be sure I don't screw something up, so I thought I'd ask some experienced owners.  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jerry
mapper098

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »

Congrats on the purchase - they're a great coach.
We live in Phoenix, Az, and had the same problem and got a couple of converters to add to the decor... 
Then on a trip into the mountains the people at the RV park told us to ignore the HD converter since all of the stations up there were still broadcasting analog signals through "repeater" antennaes.  This had upset the locals quite a bit who were purchasing the converters and HD TVs and found that they got more analog stations than HD stations unless they were hooked up to cable or satellites.  so I guess it depends on where you are going. 
In Phoenix, the converters do work fine between the TV outlets and the TV.  You may have to use the booster on the TV outlet, depending on the signal strength.
whaledriver

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:55 pm »

Hi Jerry
Not sure about the converters but I was told that no matter what tyoe TV u have, if u are hooked up to cable or satellite, you don't have to get a digital converter. But that's what I was told... Installed a 19" sharp LCD on the cabilet on the right side(facing forward). In the cabinet are the connections for doing just this. Used a hole saw on a Craftsman power drill. You can buy a hole saw kit at most good hardware stores. I found the size hole saw I needed by taking the electrical plug on the TV and measured it against the hole saw to find the correct size. Chose the one which left me a little extra room and then drilled a hold in the bottom of the cabinet and another on the interior shelf (back by the connections. Took a piece of 5/8 plywood(measured to fit the inside of the cabinet). Bought a wall mount swivel with the extending arm and screwed to the outside of the cabinet and into the 5/8 plywood. It worked out real well. To keep the TV from swinging while on the  road, we bought a 4' strip of velcro with adhesive on one side.. measured the distance around the TV and made two strips. Attached the strips to the cabinet side and then put the two velcro pieces together.. It sort of looks like a cradle but works. The TV I have in the front of the coach is a 19" Sharp. Wanted to keep the same brand. Was very lucky, found a Sharp 19" at the NAS Pensacola exchange for a bargain price. But I soon learned that getting the same model (Sharp) was a mistake... When we try to change to channel in the rear TV, it also changes the channel in the front. Learning to get used to it but can be annoying.
Bob
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »

I got a couple of converters at Target and both TV's work well on either antenna or cable.  Neither worked on antenna before, but then I used that as a bargaining chip with the dealer over that point.

L. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: