Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mud flap thingee  (Read 1112 times)
Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »

OK, I admit it, I don't know what it's called. We need one of those things that go across the bottom back of the motorhome to keep rocks and dirt from being thrown back on the toad. Any suggestions on what would work best with the Phoenix? 

ThankYou

~Trudy

Trudy
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:36 pm »

Trudy,
I have had the brush type on two motorhomes and the solid skirt type on one.  I prefer the brush since it tends to knock things down and not ricochet around like the skirt type does.  I put one on my 2700 and so far no dings on the toad.  The skirt on the HR really didn't do all that well protecting the pickup I pulled then, the hood was pretty hammered when I sold it and also the skirt let ''stuff'' hit the side of the truck.  That is not happening on the brush type I have now.  I also did not get a full MH width brush, it is only a little wider than my toad an so far the sides of the toad are nick free.
L. G.
Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »

Thanks for the info LG. We were looking at both types so it's good to know which one works best. Appreciate it.

Trudy

Trudy
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:17 pm »

Another approach is to put a barrier between the two vehicles. Blue Ox makes such a barrier that installs on their and other manufacturesrs' tow bars. The item is called KARGARD and their part number is BX8870.

We're looking to get a SmartCar for our toad and use the Blue Ox setup.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: