Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Toilet Maintenance  (Read 926 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:32:33 am »

Our foot pedal on the Aqua Magic Toilet was sticky.  A few days ago we noticed the bowl was slowly filling with water.  Obviously the blade valve wasn't closing tight and allowing a very slow drip of water into the bowl.  After doing a bit of research we found this to be a common issue and you must lubricate the seal and blade valve every so often.

According to the thetford website they say to "use of a toilet seal lubricant or drain valve lubricant to lubricate the seal. A silicone-based lubricant will work as well."  We followed this advise and used a silicone-based lubricant and now all is well.

It now works like the day we got it.  The foot pedal has a nice smooth operation and is no longer sticky.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:19 pm »

As some may remember, on our 2551, we had a problem with the toilet seat hinge pin falling out and plugging the macerator. While at the Tampa RV Show, I spoke with the Thetford service rep. I explained the problem with the hinge pin falling out on both our 2551 and  with our new 2013 2910. He said that Thetford has, as of June, changed the hinge pin design. He suggested to call their customer service number with model and serial number and ask for a replacement. The new seat arrived today.
The serial number is on the back of the toilet. I used a digital camera to take a photo so as to read the info.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:56 pm »

As some may remember, on our 2551, we had a problem with the toilet seat hinge pin falling out and plugging the macerator. While at the Tampa RV Show, I spoke with the Thetford service rep. I explained the problem with the hinge pin falling out on both our 2551 and  with our new 2013 2910. He said that Thetford has, as of June, changed the hinge pin design. He suggested to call their customer service number with model and serial number and ask for a replacement. The new seat arrived today.
The serial number is on the back of the toilet. I used a digital camera to take a photo so as to read the info.

George

George,

This sounds like a problem that I would like to avoid, thanks for the heads up.  However, I checked the toilet in my 2010 2551 and I don't see a hinge pin for the seat that might fall out into the bowl.  Could you provide more details so that I can see exactly what the problem is.

Thanks,
Bob A

2010  PC 2551
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:08:25 am »

Bob

I have a picture showing the rear of the old seat. The hinge pin on the left side is the one I replaced, the right side is the oringal hinge pin sticking out. These pins move as the seat cover is open and closed.

When we were travelling to Maine in the 2551, on Rt. 84, Judi noticed that the seat was crooked. She didn't realize that the pin had fallen into the toilet. The pin was later located in the macerator pump. Stopped the macerator--kind of a messy job!

George 

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:59:01 pm »

I will have to inspect my seat.  Thanks Gradygal for that "Watch-Out-For" tip.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:00:34 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »

George,

We called and they are sending a new seat to the house.  Thetford is only a 40 minute drive for us since they are in Ann Arbor, MI so if we have any more problems we'll stop by their office when we are in that area.  Barry put silicone on our pin but it still constantly works loose.  I check it every few days and push it back in.  Hopefully the new seat will be better.  Thanks for the info.  A HELPFUL for you!!!

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:22 pm »

Ron,

It was George and Judi that posted about the pin.  I don't think the toilet that you have has the same design.  I do not remember these same pins on our 2008 2350.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:04:39 pm »

Bob

I have a picture showing the rear of the old seat. The hinge pin on the left side is the one I replaced, the right side is the oringal hinge pin sticking out. These pins move as the seat cover is open and closed.

When we were travelling to Maine in the 2551, on Rt. 84, Judi noticed that the seat was crooked. She didn't realize that the pin had fallen into the toilet. The pin was later located in the macerator pump. Stopped the macerator--kind of a messy job!

George 

The toilet seat on my 2010 2551 is different from the picture, there are no metal pins, the seat has molded plastic tabs that snap into holes on the toilet.  Guess I don't need to worry about this issue, thanks for the info.

Bob A

2010  PC 2551
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: