Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hubcaps on 2010 2350  (Read 345 times)
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their hubcaps coming loose and falling off.  We lost one of ours a couple of years ago on a freeway.  Luckily, no one was hurt when it flew across the traffic.  We ordered a new one from the factory as a replacement.  All was fine for a while and my husband checks them at every stop to make sure they are on tight.  Just recently, he noticed that one was able to just come off easily with his fingers.  They are pretty and we like them but don't want to lose another one.  Any suggestions of what to do other than replace the wheels which would be expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Margie
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 38
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:27:44 pm »

Margie:

After you have taken the caps off a few times the prongs get bent in and do not grip like when new.   When I feel one getting loose I just use vise grips and bend the prongs outward some and their grip come back.
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:18 pm »

Thank you for your response.  The hubcaps haven't really been routinely taken off but were taken off when the tires were rotated.  It looks like the top of the thing is wearing down a bit.  Appreciate your response. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: