Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: onan 4000 problem  (Read 1305 times)
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:15:34 pm »

The control panel start switch blinks once every few seconds and will not stop, I had to disconnect the hot lead to make it stop....
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:21 pm »

Having just gotten my motorhome, I have the huge pouch of manuals next to my easy chair for exciting reading.  If you have your Onan manual handy, you might want to look at the trouble shooting section.  It describes many different blinking patterns and what they might mean.  Clarity is not a strong point of the manual and I speak as a retired electrical engineer.  Anyway, you can read what they have to say about the messages encoded in different blink patterns and see if that helps.  In general, frantic blinking is not a good sign.  Hope you can get something out of the manual.  If you don't have one handy, you can probably find one on the Onan website.

Jerry E.
grimes34

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

Thankx Jerry,
 Yes, The Onan blink codes work !, I had 2 problems with the Onan, that really had nothing to do with the generator, And the codes made it possible to fix the problem with ease. But this problem aint in the book!...I also had a 11 year old knowitall kid tell me the generator will not start if the motorhome has less then 1/4 tank of fuel....And I told him "Get out a here, KID, you bother me!" and of course he was right!

Thankx again,
eugene
grimes34

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:31:03 pm »

I found the problem, It turns out there is a water leak, on the side where the "on/off switch" is for the generator, of course the water compromised the switch, and the generator was not happy!   Should be an eazy fix!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: