Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strip & Heating  (Read 1092 times)
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:10 pm »

I have spent a few nights camping with temperatures below freezing. I was plugged into the campground 120 30A AC. I found that the stripheater in the AC unit will keep the interior just about 30 degrees warmer than the exterior at least down to about 28 degrees. At that temperture the unit ran pretty much full time with the slide out. With the slide in and 32 degrees outside the unit seem to run about half time.

At home in the driveway and plugged in to 30A, I have the slide in and use a 1500W coil heater. I set the propane furnace at 45 degrees and set the 1500W heater to about 48 degrees. This has worked well down to an outside temperature of 16 degrees. I leave the water heater on electric. So far so good. We also have the double-pane windows.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »

That is excellent data for those who use or store their PC outdoors.

We have a 2007 2350 with thermal-pane windows and no slideout.  We camped a couple times in below freezing temps without hook-ups.  The furnace ran only 3 or 4 times during the night.  Phoenix USA must be doing a good job at insulating the walls.  It's like sleeping in a Thermos bottle.  I am so glad the dealer we bought ours from, talked me into the thermal-pane window option.  They also make the RV much more quiet.  Road & wind noise, and passing semi-trucks are not as loud.  We also get better sleep at night.  Campsight neighbors, sleeping in tents with fussy children are hardly heard.

Anyone reading this who is considering buying a Phoenix Cruiser, be sure to get the thermal pane window option.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: