Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Diamondshield  (Read 822 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:16:45 pm »

Got a question about Diamondshield. Has anyone noticed any yellowing or cracking of the Diamonshield on your coach. If so, how old is the RV and what did you do about it?

Our 2350 has it applied. Since it is new, it looks great but we have heard horror stories about the product. We recently saw a '06 Monaco that the Diamondshield was yellow and cracking. The RV repair shop was stripping it off and the owner of the shop doesn't recommend any of the clear coatings for that reason.

Thanks as always

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »

I have seen nitch cars like Corvettes & MR2s with this type of film protection, which makes a statement regarding their value for the application.  But I also heard of the film clouding up from sun exposure, especially noticed on dark colored cars.  Using a mild polishing compound removes the cloudiness for a while.

For most PCs, the film is over white, so the cloudiness wouldn't be noticed.  Maybe yellowing comes after clouding if left unattended long enough.

In my situation, my darker colored full-body gray paint PC with film is now 3 years old, but the RV stays in a dark garage when not in-use which unfortunately is about 48 weeks per year.  It will be some time before the sun does it's work and I see any cloudiness or yellowing.

I think managing cloudy or yellowing of the film would be easier and safer on the frontal paint work, then dealing with stone chips and such.  Either way you are maintaining those surfaces.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: