Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Shakedown" Trip In New 2910T  (Read 403 times)
JoeyD

Helpful Rating: 6
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 1/16/2013
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Black/Grey
________

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:39 am »

First let me say... I love, love, love this coach.  We took our first trip in our 2013, 2910T from Homosassa FL (hour north of Tampa) to Key West this past week.  Everything about this coach is amazing.  What a beautiful ride... it was almost like riding in a luxury auto.  Everything worked as I expected.  That being said... there were a couple of things I need to "fix".  The drawer under the stove is missing a latch.  A couple of the plugs that cover the screws need to be replaced and there is no inside shower clasp on the door (had to use a bungee cord to close the door).  I'll email Amanda to have the items sent to me.

How did I ever survive without the Sani-Con macerator in the past... this system is absolutely amazing.  I had read on other boards that some RVers prefer the standard system, I cannot figure out why.  My toad is a jeep Wrangler and I can honestly say I never new it was there.  The TV w/surround sound was amazing.

While on the trip, I gave out 3 brochures to people that were extremely interested... people just LOVE this unit.  I was like a proud daddy showing off my new child.

I'm sure I will have questions about my unit in the future... it is comforting to know I can get my concerns addressed here on the board.  You folks are awesome.

I am a happy camper...
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:32 am »

Joeyd

The shower door should have a magnetic strip on the door to hold it shut. It may be that the magnetic strip has a cover that should be removed. The manufacturer of the shower door is Irvine Shade and Door Inc. of Elkhart, IN.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
JoeyD

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: 1/16/2013
ExtColor: Black/Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 12:36:18 pm »

Hi George,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  Just went out to check and see if I had a magnetic strip on the door... On the shower side frame there is a strip the entire length however, it is NOT magnetized. On the door side there is what looks to be a magnetized one inch piece on the top and bottom however, again they are not magnetized.  I placed a steak knife on all sections and nothing "stuck".
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »

Joey

I went over to the coach to take a look, both the door side and frame have magnetized strips. As I shut the door the magnets start to pull the door shut. I can feel a strong pull when the door is about an inch from being closed. I also checked it with a non-stainless tool.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

Joey

I went over to the coach to take a look, both the door side and frame have magnetized strips. As I shut the door the magnets start to pull the door shut. I can feel a strong pull when the door is about an inch from being closed. I also checked it with a non-stainless tool.

George

Our is the same as George's.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: