Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sanitary Mascerator System didn't work right.  (Read 747 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »

First time out with motorhome and the pump did not work. So had to do the old method and was able to dump. The only problem with that my emergency hose I carried with me was not long enough, so off the walmart for a new system.  Had help from the campground owner...Will have to take mh to dealer and see what the problem was.   I was looking forward to using the system but at least the old way worked.  The test shows that the black water is still 1/3 full so there are some dirty sensors. Will need to clean it out when I get home.    Even Thetford couldnt help me.  Almost call a rv service but the campground owner and another rv camper helped out.  If you ever come to Williamsburg, Va a small family owned Anvil Campground are very accomodating.
 So what could have been the problem   
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »

Hi, if you are up for crawling around down under, check the wires coming off the grinder for corrosion & possible failure. Do the ele. valves work?  Maybe the fuse is futzed.  I think you can turn the impeller with a screwdriver if it is jammed.  Good luck.
Oh, we have stayed at Anvil Campground and also enjoyed our stay.
kevin
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:51 am »

Hi, if you are up for crawling around down under, check the wires coming off the grinder for corrosion & possible failure. Do the ele. valves work?  Maybe the fuse is futzed.  I think you can turn the impeller with a screwdriver if it is jammed.  Good luck.
Oh, we have stayed at Anvil Campground and also enjoyed our stay.
kevin
Thanks for advice.  I have Good sam warranty and service contracts and when I get home next week, I will take to my RV dealer.
JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:20 am »

You might try turning the screw on the end of the pump - a few turns.  Sometimes they get jammed or stuck and turning the screw manually will clear it.  There is a rubber cover on the end of the pump which has to be removed to get to the screw.
Jack
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

You might try turning the screw on the end of the pump - a few turns.  Sometimes they get jammed or stuck and turning the screw manually will clear it.  There is a rubber cover on the end of the pump which has to be removed to get to the screw.
Jack
Tried turning the screw. It only turns about 1/4".  I didn't want to force it anymore....I will have it checked out later. I can still dump the reg.way. Thanks
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 38
________
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 08:00:00 am »

That's your problem, something is stuck in the blades.

It can be turned in either direction. Sometimes if you turn it back and forth what ever is jammed in there will break. If not it probably something that was accidently dropped into the tank or sink drain when the RV was manufactured,

It's very simple to take the pump out. It just hooks on to the pipe the same way your serwer hose hooks on. Just unclamp the small hose and unplug the wires.
Hold it so inlet is down, tap it, turn screw back & forth and it should fall out.

The screw should always rotate freely if it is unplugged.

John
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 07:34:29 pm »

That's your problem, something is stuck in the blades.

It can be turned in either direction. Sometimes if you turn it back and forth what ever is jammed in there will break. If not it probably something that was accidently dropped into the tank or sink drain when the RV was manufactured,

It's very simple to take the pump out. It just hooks on to the pipe the same way your serwer hose hooks on. Just unclamp the small hose and unplug the wires.
Hold it so inlet is down, tap it, turn screw back & forth and it should fall out.

The screw should always rotate freely if it is unplugged.
since I just purchased this motorhome, I am going to leave it to the rv dealer. thanks.
detspcl

________
PurchDate: april/2011
Model: 2900
ModelYear: phoenix cruiser
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: full body paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:22 am »

I too have a mascerator system that suffered a failure (twice). Both times it was a bad switch. During the second failure I was dumping during a severe storm. The lid covered switch/valve handles did not prevent rain spray from entering outside control panel. Does anyone know if the switch that controls the mascerator is waterproof????? If not, it should be.

chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: