Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shower Pan  (Read 1322 times)
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:22 pm »

Took our 2350 in today for a new shower pan .... it was cracked when we brought her home ... but those things happen .... just drained in more then one place when we took her out for the shake down trip !  Smile

Has anyone designed or added a bath towel holder to the shower  ... I hate the thought of holes anywhere.

Thought about one that is retractable and putting it in the shower somehow and I see some people hanging their wet towels out on the arms of the awnings  Blush but I figure there must be a better way ... help !

Ohhhhhh life is so hard  rolling on the floor

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »

Carol,
We use the large size of Command Hooks--not optimal but they work. I have often thought of those tension rods (the 24" size) to hang stuff on (towels or whatever) but we haven't got to that issue yet.

After showers, we drape the towels over our chairs or the awning. Hate it but maybe there is a better way that others on the Forum can help us with.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Paul/Marilyn

Helpful Rating: 15
________
PurchDate: 07/12
Model: 2100
ExtColor: Standard
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:35 pm »

Carol, these are our towel racks, on the inside of the bathroom door (there are holes under the end that swivels). They're paper towel holders that fold down flat if nothing is in them. We used the same racks in our last rv and liked them. We got these at the Container Store but don't remember the brand name. If you don't have a Container Store near you you could research with them online and then find out who else sells them.

Am attaching a photo but haven't done that before so don't know if it will work.  LOL
Marilyn
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 310
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »

Carol,

These are the ones we use http://www.amazon.com/Towel-Bar-Self-Adhesive-Clear-12/dp/B001I024IC

We put one near the top of the shower door and the other about midway down.  They work good but if I were doing it again I would just go to a hardware store and buy the cheap towel bars that allow you to cut the bar down to the size you need.  I would then attach the two ends to the front of the shower door with a heavy duty two-sided tape.

With these that we bought we attached with a heavy duty two sided tape (didn't use the adhesive that it came with).  We used these same ones in our 2350 so 4 years and no problems plus no holes in the walls. 

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:20 pm »

I have the command hooks with a metal hook on the end .... but the towels don't air out very well. We have draped or hung the towels from cabinet knobs over the cab but knew that there had to be a better way.

I also thought about the tension rods being as I have gone wild with those in the refrigerator and across the top of our trash can in the bathroom which keeps the trash can from moving or falling and I have studied the walls in the shower but come up empty.

Carol,
We use the large size of Command Hooks--not optimal but they work. I have often thought of those tension rods (the 24" size) to hang stuff on (towels or whatever) but we haven't got to that issue yet.

After showers, we drape the towels over our chairs or the awning. Hate it but maybe there is a better way that others on the Forum can help us with.

Judi

Vince & Carol Power
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:30 pm »

Marilyn: The picture came through perfect. I like the look of those and I have seen them before someplace but wasn't thinking about a towel holder at the time.  Are they wide enough to hold a bath towel ?

I will certainly research them .... they may just work .... just dreading holes ... but guess we can't go forever without putting a hole in the wall someplace  Cry

Carol

quote author=Paul/Marilyn link=topic=1272.msg9471#msg9471 date=1361399675]
Carol, these are our towel racks, on the inside of the bathroom door (there are holes under the end that swivels). They're paper towel holders that fold down flat if nothing is in them. We used the same racks in our last rv and liked them. We got these at the Container Store but don't remember the brand name. If you don't have a Container Store near you you could research with them online and then find out who else sells them.

Am attaching a photo but haven't done that before so don't know if it will work.  LOL
Marilyn
[/quote]

Vince & Carol Power
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

Sue:

We don't have a shower door ... just the cloth pleated slide.

Where did you attach them on your 2350 ?
Carol

Carol,

These are the ones we use http://www.amazon.com/Towel-Bar-Self-Adhesive-Clear-12/dp/B001I024IC

We put one near the top of the shower door and the other about midway down.  They work good but if I were doing it again I would just go to a hardware store and buy the cheap towel bars that allow you to cut the bar down to the size you need.  I would then attach the two ends to the front of the shower door with a heavy duty two-sided tape.

With these that we bought we attached with a heavy duty two sided tape (didn't use the adhesive that it came with).  We used these same ones in our 2350 so 4 years and no problems plus no holes in the walls. 

Sue

Vince & Carol Power
gypsysuzy

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:42 pm »

I use the super-duper size Command hooks on the shower wall below the shower head.  I usually turn on the exhaust fan after a shower to get the moisture out and then, weather permitting, leave the vent open and the towels dry pretty well.  If I am in a very humid area it is a different story.  I too have the 2350 and ruled out any type of towel rod on the back of the door because, as you know, there isn't a lot of extra room in that bathroom.  
Has anyone found an ingenious way to add a bit more storage in the 2350 bathroom?  I would be interested in hearing about it.
echo11

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: 4/18/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: No
IntColor: maple/ biege
ExtColor: umbre
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:45:48 am »

We have 2 command hooks on the inside of the bathroom door and spread one bath towel over both hooks.  On the outside of the door we hang an "over the door" towel bar.  That takes care of the 2nd bath towel.
Roni
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:10 am »

Carol,

In the 2350 we put them on the back of the door.  They also worked very well there and did not do any damage to the wood.  What I like about it is that the wet towel hangs free and does not touch any wall.  The  only thing I do not like about them is I wish they were a little bit wider.  I fold my towel in thirds to make it look neat.  I use the fast dry towels from J C Penney and they dry in a few hours even being folded.  Here is a pic from our 2350.

Sue

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:53:18 am by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 08:04:04 am »

When we had the 2350 here is what we did to add a little more storage in the bathroom.

Bathroom Counter Extension (Image Bath-1)

Matching corian cut to size and fitted in place.  The step down design allowed for a cleaner look and no need to try and match the sink edge pattern.  The extension provides a place for the tissue both top and bottom.

Additional Storage For Tall/Bulky Items (Images Bath -2 & Bath-3)

Located between the shower and the sink cabinet this area was perfect for tall items like curly irons and bulky hair dryers.  Image Bath-2 shows the top in place and Image Bath-3 shows the top removed for easy access.

Keep Rings Out Of The Trap (Image Bath-4)

A simple sink strainer from Home Depot can save hours of work and that priceless ring

Just One More Hook (Image Bath-5)

Another trip to Home Deport for a matching hook.  Use existing screw in side of medicine cabinet to attach hook. 

Sue

Barry and Sue 
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 08:17:53 am »

not wanting to put holes in the bathroom door, I used the command hooks and used a tension rod for handing the towels. One on the top and one on the bottom.  They work well. I used the command hooks large and small and they work great. Heart Shower
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:07 am »

When we picked up our 2350, I had the factory install two towel bars in the shower on the drivers side wall. One above the other. The way I look at it, there are hundreds of screws used to make the PC, so what difference does eight more screws make. I also asked for a wooden board above the shower door top. I bought plastic over the door hooks and placed them over this board on the outside. When we took a shower, we hung the towels from the hooks. The last one to shower placed the towels on the towel bars to dry. With the shower door close you could not see the towels and they where out of the very small bathroom space.

Now that we have a 2552, the towel bars and the toilet paper holder are mounted on the back of the sliding bathroom door. The two towel bars, one over the other, are mounted to the left side of the door and the toilet paper holder is to the right side, just under half way up the door. When the door is open, everything is out of the way. When the door is closed the toilet paper is automatically placed in front of you, when you are sitting. LOL

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:55 am »

Sue:

Thanks for all the neat pictures. I remember looking back through older pictures and seeing the counter extension and thinking what a great idea that was ... now I know who it belonged to Smile

The basket you have underneath the tp holder .. you said that was for storage (?)  where is your trash basket ?

I have the towel bar that you had over the sink cabinet door for my hand towel  and that works great.( also from your previous pictures) I also like the hook on the side of the medicine cabinet and I think we had one in our last 2350.

The towel bar behind the bathroom door looks really nice "BUT" seems like you could catch yourself on that when trying to enter the bathroom through that somewhat tight door opening (for me anyway).

I had the sink drain basket in our last 2350 ..  from viewing your pictures on the PC site  ThumbsUp .  The stopper in our last 2350 would not stay up in the sink. This one works fine but I will put another  strainer basket in again becuase I am the queen of dropping things Smile.

Also found out that the walls under the bathroom sink cabinet did not go all the way up and had to have Vince pulls the drawers out under the closet area in the hall and fish around to find the things that fell behind that I stacked up to high .... oops ... learning experience.

Love the towels from JC Penny ... just bought a few to match the 2350's colors and now that we have her back with her new beautiful shower pan I can load her up and get ready for another short PC discovery trip.

Thank You for all the pictures, which were a big help in our last 2350 ..... and to Judi and Ron for the butcher block replacement basket ... that I finally get to load up today Smile

Carol

When we had the 2350 here is what we did to add a little more storage in the bathroom.

Bathroom Counter Extension (Image Bath-1)

Matching corian cut to size and fitted in place.  The step down design allowed for a cleaner look and no need to try and match the sink edge pattern.  The extension provides a place for the tissue both top and bottom.

Additional Storage For Tall/Bulky Items (Images Bath -2 & Bath-3)

Located between the shower and the sink cabinet this area was perfect for tall items like curly irons and bulky hair dryers.  Image Bath-2 shows the top in place and Image Bath-3 shows the top removed for easy access.

Keep Rings Out Of The Trap (Image Bath-4)

A simple sink strainer from Home Depot can save hours of work and that priceless ring

Just One More Hook (Image Bath-5)

Another trip to Home Deport for a matching hook.  Use existing screw in side of medicine cabinet to attach hook. 

Sue

Vince & Carol Power
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:19 pm »

Thanks everyone for all the great tips and ideas ... I now have to "SIT DOWN"  rolling on the floor  and try to visualize everyone's options and figure where to go from here ... and Yes Tom I agree that eight more screws are not the end of the world when it comes to making things work easier .... I just have to get past the putting holes in stuff phobia  Smile

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: