Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shower Pan  (Read 1352 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

The towel bar behind the bathroom door looks really nice "BUT" seems like you could catch yourself on that when trying to enter the bathroom through that somewhat tight door opening (for me anyway).

Carol,

Actually we never did catch ourselves on the towel rack attached to the back of the bathroom door.  I had worried about that too but it was no problem.

I had a very small (countertop) wastebasket (with cover) in the bathroom that fit next to the toilet.  Anything large went into the wastebasket underneath the sink in the kitchen.

Sue

PS - I have the same phobia about putting holes in the wall.

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »

Folks:

For what it is worth... I placed three brushed stainless hooks about three inches in from each side and the same from the top of the slider door.  There is a sold wood header that runs accorss so my screws had something to go into.  I then sprayed the vinyl wall covering with satin 3M ChipGuard (get at any good auto store) so that the wet towels will not harm anything.  You can not tell at all that the ChipGuard has been applied.  I placed the toilet paper holder about 2" behind the GFI plug on the side of the sink, I used the single pole type that allows the roll to slip down on it, used small bolts/nuts/washers so nothing will pull thru the luan.   Just other approachs to think about!
Paul/Marilyn

Helpful Rating: 14
________
PurchDate: 07/12
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Standard
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 06:01:26 pm »

Carol, the usable width of the hangers we use is 11-1/4". The towels we use now just barely hang on them double folded. I usually partly tri-fold them to fit smoothly. I love the Penny towels too. They do dry fast. Just bought some more for home but had never thought of them for the Cruiser. Guess I'd better go shopping again! Grin We did have a tension rod hung at the back of the shower up high to use for wet wash cloths, wet clothes and the like, however the spring broke on it and it fell down. Haven't replaced it yet but we will since we had one in our last rv and loved it.
Marilyn
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 08:54:42 am »

I purchased the command hooks but the metal small ones.(like for hanging a picture). In the middle of my towel and next to the edge put in a rivet,  hangs perfectly. Had to put up three of them the wife has to have two towels haha
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston, Texas
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 02:09:13 pm »

I all so noticed several hair line cracks on the top flat section of the shower pan just as it lips under the back/side walls on my 2012 3100. They did not go over the edge and head down the pan and Kermit said let's leave and watch for a while ( would of course replace if it got worse).  I filled them with some two part marine epoxy with Kermit's blessing, sanded smooth and spary painted with matching white just on the top rim.  I found a cool product at Lowe's that they sell for sealing tub surrounds where the surround meets the tub.... the white vinyl is perhaps 1" wide and is "scored" in the middle.  Adhesive is on one side, peel the backing and I was able to very neatly adhere 1/2" on the top lip and the remaining 1/2" just overlapped down the side of the pan.  there is enough flexibility in the material that I could make the corners pefectly with out having to cut/mitre.  Have been out sevearl times, used the shower a fair amount and the cracks have yet to re-appear.  The job looks custom and I am hopeful that just enough flex has been taken out of the pan so perhaps the cracks will not re-appear or spread.  Would really prefer to not have everything wripped out if we do not have to.  Thanks
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 82
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »

We don't have our PC yet so haven't been able to try out the towel hanging solutions. Tom's idea of mounting everything on the sliding door of the 2552 sounds like a plan and we may go that route but there are always more things to hang than you have hooks or bars for. We have a swing-out towel bar from Ikea that we bought for the house that we are holding onto to see if it works in the PC and I saw several items with potential on the Ikea site - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=towel+holder (If this doesn't work as a link, I just searched for "towel holder" on the Ikea site). There are several over-the-door items, a few that might go right over the shower structure (depends on depth) AND some of those evil ones that require holes in the walls. Even if we can mount the swing one, I'm not sure I want to unless it can't damage anything if it swings while driving down the road.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »

Ragoodsp:
Our crack was in the back of the shower pan on the floor and it had not been secured underneath good and it was flexing so we didn't really have a choice. I was beside myself also at the thought of our new baby being disassembled, but we used "Indian River RV in Sebastian, Florida" and they went over everything with us and spoke to Kermit before hand. They did an excellent, execellent job and I went over it with a fine tooth comb when we picked her up and it was like factory new .... I was worried for nothing and now she is good as new and ready to roll.
Carol

quote author=ragoodsp link=topic=1272.msg9507#msg9507 date=1361819353]
I all so noticed several hair line cracks on the top flat section of the shower pan just as it lips under the back/side walls on my 2012 3100. They did not go over the edge and head down the pan and Kermit said let's leave and watch for a while ( would of course replace if it got worse).  I filled them with some two part marine epoxy with Kermit's blessing, sanded smooth and spary painted with matching white just on the top rim.  I found a cool product at Lowe's that they sell for sealing tub surrounds where the surround meets the tub.... the white vinyl is perhaps 1" wide and is "scored" in the middle.  Adhesive is on one side, peel the backing and I was able to very neatly adhere 1/2" on the top lip and the remaining 1/2" just overlapped down the side of the pan.  there is enough flexibility in the material that I could make the corners pefectly with out having to cut/mitre.  Have been out sevearl times, used the shower a fair amount and the cracks have yet to re-appear.  The job looks custom and I am hopeful that just enough flex has been taken out of the pan so perhaps the cracks will not re-appear or spread.  Would really prefer to not have everything wripped out if we do not have to.  Thanks
[/quote]

Vince & Carol Power
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 52
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »

Carol,
    If you would send me your e-mail address, I will send you pictures of our towel holders we put in both our 2350 and 2552.  They are inside the shower area and are out of the way. Our e-mail is bnhickey@gmail.com.  When I try to send them from our computer memory on the Forum,  our whole 10000 pictures transmit.
     Bob
Lieutenant

Helpful Rating: -4
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: November 26, 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: tan
ExtColor: brown
________

Our 2910 here in florida

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 11:54:24 am »

I cut a circle, adhered it to the wall with construction adhesive and then put a circular small towel holder on it after it set up and dried
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: