Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spare tire key lock ?  (Read 932 times)
Les

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »

Have another ? regarding key lock to the read of the coach where the spare tire is located.
Thank God dont have to use it and knock on the wood. But the cover on my '05 model was out of aligement and wanted to straignet out. I tried every key I have with Cruiser and wont open ?
I spry WD 40 in the key hole  but no luck!
I belive the key work isthe the same  for gas tank, city water etc..
would love to hear from anyone if had same problem or know the solution.
Sorry again for my bad english!

Best,
Les sad
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 06:36:11 pm »

Les,  I think the spare tire key on my 2007 is common with something else, but I can't remember what.  I too am challenged when removing and installing the spare tire cover.  I found moving the handle one way and then the other way, helps in turning the key.  Also try pushing with the palm of the one hand, leaning hard on the center of the cover almost with a jerk, when turning the key.  Also when you go to install the cover, the key works in only one of two 180 degree positions.  When I tighten the handle all the way, I have to unscrew it 180 degrees to turn the key to lock it.  It is tempermental, but after a couple tries, it's understood what it takes to make it work.  It really is a nice design when you come to understand it.  Ron

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:44:53 pm »

Sounds familiar Les.  My key for the spare on a 2700 is unique, doesn't work any other lock.  I finally had to electric pencil what key worked what on my bunch of keys. Ron has it right, the times I have removed the cover to check pressure, I have to kind of push and twist and pull to get the process moving in the right direction.  Seems like I may be challenged on the re-installation too, since it usually takes a couple of tries to get the cover back on.  It's stout and don't ever see it failing from vibration or such.  That WD-40 really ought to be flushed out with some silicone before summer...  It will harden and mess up the best of intentions.
L. G.
Les

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:45 pm »

Thanks guys for great tips!
It sure not easy process to opend spare tier cover!
I ran in to so many isues with my Cruiser that starting to be normal thing now, I jsut aske myself whats next ? and those are small things but you live with them all the times! General fubction of the coach is great but again I had so many small isues that is not worth it mention and upsed other new owners.

Thanks again and will try it tomorrow play with the lock.
Best,
Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: