Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maserator doesn't work  (Read 1819 times)
travler

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 02/007
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 007
Slide: Yes
IntColor: TAN
ExtColor: WHITE/GREEN
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »

Ihave an 07 and mine died last year.  Started leaking and than would not work.   Alocal dealer I went to said there are no parts for the pump.  PC is much more reasonable than manufacturer.  Didn't cost much to install and was a simple job.  After i flush good, i put a gallon of windshield washer fluid (-20)  in toilet and run through pump.  So far so good.   Have to be careful there is no water in maserator.

John
LRS

Helpful Rating: 5
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Nov. 2009
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: dk. camel leather
ExtColor: rust full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »

Well, Camping World replaced the macerator pump for me.  The extended warranty product that Amanda sold me paid for most of it, including the labor and taxes.  I paid less than my deductible. 

Now on to other issues.   ( haha) 
Cross this off the "to do" list.  At least this one seemed to be the most serious.  Hope so.

Has anyone with a Sprinter had the steps not stay out?   The outside light near the door does not come on either.  Both
switches are beside each other inside on the wall.   Could this be a fuse?    Would anyone know where they are for this?

I am not mechanical and definitely a novice with car/rv stuff...or anything mechanical.

Thanks,
LRS
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 03:57:50 pm »

Regarding the electric step not going in and out properly.  Try this.

Open the door and stand outside.  Look in the lower right corner.  There is a bolt that pushes a button in and out.  By hand, push that button ALL THE WAY in and let it spring out.  Watch your shins if the step moves.  If the button does not spring out, it is faulty.  Spray WD-40 or equivalent in the switch to free up the internal mechanism.  If no luck, then replace the switch.

If the step works well by hand but not with the door, the bolt needs to be adjusted to push the switch in further.

If the step does not react to you pushing the switch by hand, then flip the left side wall switch to the opposite position and repeat.   Remember that little wall switch is labelled backwards.  "On" means "Off".  When "On" it means the step should stay down all the time regardless if the door is open or closed.  At least that is how mine is labelled.  It can be confusing.

If still nothing happens, lay on your back on the ground and clean the electrical contacts to the switch.  Then repeat.  Be careful when on the ground.  Make sure your body stays clear in case the step decides to move down.  You don't want it pinning you under the rig.  That would be embarassing. LOL
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:08:12 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
LRS

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: Nov. 2009
Model: 2400 Sprinter
IntColor: dk. camel leather
ExtColor: rust full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »

Well, 2400 Sprinter was taken to Camping World for a replacement macerator pump.  Thankfully, they had one left. The ext. warranty I bought from Amanda(?) at PC factory paid for most of it.  I ended up paying less than the deductible.  Hope all is well now.   Smile
I plan to take the advice given about keeping the tanks clean...dumping just not enough.  Also watched the online videos and hope with
the new habits, the sensors will clean off and stay that way.   Thanks again!

frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »

Talked to the factory and got a price for a new macerator pump and they were only about $60 more than the Thetford Dealer near my home.  They are charging me 1/3 the cost of the RV place I went to orginally and their labor cost is much cheaper. I am not mechanically inclined to install the new pump and it is worth is to me to have someone else do it.  I found a RV dealer in Honeybrook, PA who is a Thetford dealer and very nice people and will do more business with them.  Family owned for over 30 years .  The original dealer was going to charge 600 plus 120 labor.  Absolutely outragous.    I did dump the regular way this weekend but would like to use the macerator.   Wish it was insulated from the cold weather since it is out in the open...
Thanks for all the info. ThankYou
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »

I mentioned in the beginning of this discussion  about my maceratory not working. I  Finally had my macerator pump replaced .  It seems the former owner never took good care of the pump. All kinds of Nasty Stuff in it and it froze over the winter.   No wonder it did not work.   Found an RV Thetford in Honeybrook , PA, Millers RV, and it cost 285 for the pump and 135 for labor and it has a water outlet on the pump to back flush it and the pump  is easily removable for winter storage if necessary. Believe it or not it has its own carrying case for storage.  I felt this was fair since Stolztfus RV wanted 600 plus. 
   Millers RV were very accomodating and answered alot of my questions and would recommend them for service.   Heart Shower

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: