Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Factory installed Executive HTS-1000 DVD Home Theater System  (Read 5149 times)
rogerroger

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »

I own a 2007 PC model 2551 and it came with an "Executive HTS-1000 DVD Home Theater System. The amp/tuner/DVD player stopped working. Has on power to it. When trouble shooting I heard a little buzz & spark so I've taken the unit out.
I want to either get a new one just like it re-install or get something similar that will work the same way and fit in the same cabinet space.
Does anyone know where I can get info. on the manufacturer of this unit? I've searched the web and have not found much info. on this Executive brand.
Or does anyone have another brand recommendation? I just want the amp/tuner/DVD player. Speakers are fine & in place.
Thank you for any suggestions.

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:26:02 pm »

I own a 2007 2350 so I likely have the exact same Executive model you do.  They are strange units.  I never see anything like that sold in stores.   You don't need the exact same brand and model, but it's replacement has to fit in that same area.

I would call the factory and ask the receptionist where they buy them from.  Worst case you pay a premium and buy one from the factory.

If you are handy with electronics, open the unit up and look for a small circuit breaker or fuse, either on the circuit board or elsewhere.  Also look for a burned up component or area on the circuit board.  The area of concentration is near where the power cord is attached, the power supply area.

If you get lucky, with a little common sense and a soldering iron, you can get it working again.  I have been able to repair simpler appliances around the house that way.  One in particular was our $25 toaster oven.  One day a huge spark shot out the back of it.  We all loved how well it worked so I thought I'd open it up and see what happened.  A push-on connector acted like a fuse.  I soldered the connection and the toaster lasted 3 times longer.  It finally died last year for another reason I could not repair.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 12:51:43 pm »

Doing a quick search, I could not find that exact unit either.  But it seems other brands are out and about.  On ebay, here is a Sony (missing the remote control) for real cheap at $10/$15 shipping, but I don't know if it would fit the cubby hole.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-BRAVIA-HCD-HDZ273-1080p-DVD-HOME-THEATER-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ110506280820QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item19bab00774

Sold new at Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-DVD-Theater-Dav-Hdz273/12016621#ProductDetail

Investigate the spec on Sony's website to assure it has am/fm/cd/dvd and it fits in your PC's available space.  Also research a remote control.  It might be cheaper to buy a new one at Walmart to assure you got everything you need.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
Model: 2551
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »

I replaced mine with a SAMSUNG HT-Zsomething or other $199 on sale at Raido Shack of all places! I did alot of looking on the internet By dimension Then price, The Samsung got very good reviews!    I did have to widen the hole a few inches and thats easy,  DO NOT FORGET to label the wires as you remove the old unit!
I also replaced the Sub Woofer with the one that came with the new unit,  The 5 other speakers that were installed in my 2551 sounded better then the ones from SAMSUNG, I was VERY impressed the end result   
lizzyjakers

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 11:09:31 am »

You better check the brand of your system and search for some models on their website. Order another unit for your cabinet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: