Hello Guest

Anyone have experience with RV Camping Connect?

• 3 Replies

aimee

Anyone have experience with RV Camping Connect?
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:55 am »
One of my clients is an RV dealer in his 80's. He owns a small lot that he completely runs himself, from sales to reception. He's also right in the middle of caring for his wife at home, while she struggles with alzheimers and some other medical issues. Because of this, he has upset RV Camping Connect in that he can't reply to their spammy, unsolicited e-mails to him. Look at this beauty I found in his inbox today:

RV Camping Connect <Brenda@RVCampingConnect.com>

Hi,

My guess is that you’re not getting back to me for one of four reasons:

1) We have done something to offend you.
2) You hired someone else and just don’t want to hurt our feelings by telling us.
3) Your challenges with finding new customers resolved themselves.
4) You want desperately to call us back, but are trapped under something heavy, and cannot reach the phone.

We’d consider it a personal favor if you’d let us know if the problem is one of these, or something we didn’t think of.

If it’s #4, reply to this e-mail and we’ll send help!

Thanks,

RVCampingConnect.com
Office#: 888-838-1706
Solutions for connecting you with campers!

TomHanlon

Re: Anyone have experience with RV Camping Connect?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:52:34 am »
Why don't you call her and tell her to bug off?

aimee

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:41 am »
I am going to call her when I get back from my lunch appointment. I sent her some hate mail, then I posted about it on their facebook page.  Then I discovered what they're really doing--sending out e-mails using a service (like Phoenix does) and then using the metrics from the service--who opened, etc. to know who to harass.  Then they send out e-mails without using the service (to skirt the service's anti-harassment/anti-spam rules) to all of those.   You're supposed to use the metrics to know who to unsubscribe. When I get people who haven't opened my last several e-mails, I remove them from the list so as to not bother them.  Then every month I go through and anyone who hasn't clicked on anything in an e-mail for the previous year is culled out. I don't want us to be bothersome.  This company uses those metrics to know who to target and harass.  And all of it violates the rules against sending unsolicited e-mail.

I just wondered if any of you had experience with the company and might know if this seemed like a rogue employee/department, or par for their course.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:41:38 am »
Aimee, I am sending you a PM.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer