Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Water Leaking Out  (Read 968 times)
Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »

We just took the 2350 out for the second time. Fresh water had been filled up on our last trip when we got home but when we arrived at the campground Wednesday and checked the tanks the fresh water was reading empty (????) even though we had filled her up before we left home ...so when we were leaving the park the next morning Vince filled up the fresh water tank to the 2/3 mark but  by the time we got home traveling only 156 miles when we pulled in the driveway we had only 1/3 of the fresh water left.

We had someone flag us down a month ago to let us know that water was pouring from our RV ...  we noticed water marks coming down from the where the fresh water goes in ... checked the area, the cap was on tight but you could see water had flowed out and it was wet.

We secured the cap tight and we can still see water marks coming down from the rv in that same spot where the fresh water goes in.

I swear I could hear water dripping in the middle of the night in the wall ... but ... there is no wet spot on the ground where anything could be dripping out ???????

Any suggestions .... we totally do not have a clue !!!!

Carol & Vince
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:35:41 pm by Carolp495 » Logged

Vince & Carol Power
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:43:15 am »

You need to check the air hose by the fill hole. It may be plugged. I use a section of plastic pipe or hose to put over the hole and blow into it. I cannot explain why this works but it has stopped my water from coming back out the fill when going down the road.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:03:59 am »

Carol & Vince

My first thought is that the tank drain is open. if you have the pump turned on when travelling possibly the outside shower is open. Water will run out the overflow tube when the tank is full as the coach rocks.There are also drains for the shower that may be open. You might want to check under the bedboard to check the tank and the hoses.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:34:40 pm »

OK we took a hose and blew through the mesh screen next to the fresh water fill. Vince said it had a little resistance at first and then it seemed like something broke free and it was cleared.

I also checked the outside shower and it is dry as a bone and closed up tight . I try to be sure everything is off while we are on the road including the water pump.

The large water spotted area down the side of the PC was where you put the fresh water in and that is where a concerned kid flaged us down to let us know we had a large amount of water pouring out when we turned the corner ... so it is coming from that area but we did not know why.

Thank You for all your suggestions and hopefully this will take care of it and it will be ok.

Just have to plan another ROAD TRIP to see if it worked Smile

ThumbsUp  Carol & Vince

Vince & Carol Power
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:47 pm »

After I re-read this. Are you talking about actually unscrewing the board under the mattress ?

Wouldn't the shower be effected if something wasn't working right under there ?

We both used the shower and there was no problem.

I crawled under the coach this afternoon and I could not see anything leaking or wet looking.

I swore I heard dripping in the wall in the middle of the night but as I mentioned there was nothing wet outside on the ground and Vince just thought I was imagining the noise  shrug

Carol

Carol & Vince

My first thought is that the tank drain is open. if you have the pump turned on when travelling possibly the outside shower is open. Water will run out the overflow tube when the tank is full as the coach rocks.There are also drains for the shower that may be open. You might want to check under the bedboard to check the tank and the hoses.

George

Vince & Carol Power
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

We had a 2350 on the Ford chasis, so I'm not familiar with any difference with the Sprinter.  If you don't have water anywhere under the chasis, all your drain lines are apparently closed.  The only thing I can think of that could cause your problem is that there is a syphon action taking place when you're moving - and the water is coming out your overflow line.  Don't know how that would happen, so I would suggest you call the factory.  By any chance are either of your holding tanks filling?  But, if you don't have your water pump on, no water should be leaving the fresh water tank.  Very strange...
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:11:00 am »

You mentioned that when you blew in the air hole there was some resistance then it went away.

We had a problem filling the tank because the airline was getting clogged. When we looked under the bed which is wherever water tank is, it was staging and as a result any that entered the hose at the fill site clogged that hose and made filling impossible unless the fill was at a trickle or I placed two of my HWH lifts down and extended on fill side. I put a brace that removed the sag and the problem went away. This might be something that is related to your issue.

We are losing a little water from our tank as I drive but assume it is from sloshing around, not to your extent

Greg

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
PurchDate: May 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 01:08:28 pm »

Carol...

There is a check valve on the city water inlet (not sure if that's where water is leaking, or the fresh water inlet to the tank). It can stick open (mine did on the 2350 sprinter) and water will leak...

Just a thought,
Jack
Carolp495

________
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »

Jack:

The leak is coming from where you put the fresh water in the RV.  The tank is filling up ok and registers full ... but when are driving and I guess turning  corners the water is coming back out the the "area" where we put the fresh water in, we think from the overflow.

We have not driven it since we refilled the tank and since Vince was able to get the overflow line blown out and what seemed like a clog cleared .... we will have to take her out soon and hang some corners to see if it is coming out again .... I feel bad for the poor cars that were next to us and got an unwanted bath when we went by Smile !!

Carol...

There is a check valve on the city water inlet (not sure if that's where water is leaking, or the fresh water inlet to the tank). It can stick open (mine did on the 2350 sprinter) and water will leak...

Just a thought,
Jack

Vince & Carol Power
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: