Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: refrig won't switch over to gas automatically  (Read 579 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

I was just at RV dealer near me and had them check the norcold refrig because it did not switch over to gas when I unplugged the electric. They did some burner service and replace a part supposively.  Do you have to turn on the batteries to make this happened. and drive this way. Never had to do this in my prior gulfstream coach.
  There are pros and cons on driving with the propane on as the frig will stay cold for a period of time while you travel.  But when you don't have electric available why won't the propane work.???  Also what is a good temperature to keep the frig at as some of my food froze in frig since this frig is part of the slide and is exposed to the weather temps.  This is a whole new experience for me to get used too. 

This is one of the situations I am finding out after purchasing this coach.  When you buy used this is what happens. I am used to having a dometic frig and never had a norcold brand refrig.
    Smile

lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:34:20 am »

12vdc is required at the frig for both the  controls and the solenoid valve on the the propane line.
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »

The power switch at the door must be on for the refrig to operate on propane.  Do you have the control on the refirg set on "auto" setting so it wil switch back and forth between gas/elec?  I really do not think your issues have anything to do with used vs's new coach it is just a matter of getting use to the different operation of the appliances....Norcold is different compared to Domectic.  Keep the spirit and move forward!   Thanks, Ron
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 12/2012
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »

So when I come off external camp electric I need to turn on the switch at the door for the batteries.  I guess that goes for the water pump too.  I do have it on auto but did not check on the switch on the door to see if it stayed lit.  OH well...

Just have to get used to the change from prior MH.

Thanks  ThankYou
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

So when I come off external camp electric I need to turn on the switch at the door for the batteries.  I guess that goes for the water pump too.  I do have it on auto but did not check on the switch on the door to see if it stayed lit.  OH well...

Just have to get used to the change from prior MH.

Thanks  ThankYou

Also, the batteries will not be charged when on shore power unless the switch is on.

2010  PC 2551
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:10:38 am »

I am going to post this later but saw you post. We purchased used.. dealer had the propane tank filled prior to delivery.  On our shake down cruise could not get the frige to work (while driving do it all the time in other units) on gas. also noticed that the burners were not working too well, we really did no cooking except half oven.  got home checked the gas valve, yes barely turned. turned it all the way open no problems on burner or frige now.
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston, Texas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: