Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: reunion in Petosky, MI  (Read 984 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »

Was wondering how many are showing interest in this reunion in September.  I never have been to one and was wondering what kind of weather I will deal with that time in September.  I have never had the opportunity to travel that far in MH.  Looking forward to seeing all PC owners and sharing stories. Embarrassed Plan to sign up soon.
jampodd

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »

I'm still considering going but not sure yet. As far as the weather in Upper Michigan in September, average highs are in the mid 60's and lows are in the low 50's. As long as it doesn't rain it will be nice fall weather and the tree colors should be beautiful.

Jim Poddany - 2552
Shipper

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: 04/2013
Model: 3100
IntColor: Maple and Grey
ExtColor: Dusk
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

We were there in mid-September last year and I don't think it got up to 60 degrees. After touring Mackinac Island in our rain slickers and fighting 15-20 mph winds (the bridge was closed to RV travel), we decided to head South. We hooked up the next morning in sleet and spitting snow and drove 100 miles before it began to warm up. Yahoo! Next time I'll visit in August.  ThumbsUp

It's not that I'm insensitive, it's probably that I just don't care. Wink
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:28:31 am »

We plan to sign up once the PC is actually in our possession (3 or 4 more weeks of waiting). I can't speak on fall weather but we were there in June two years back and a mini tornado type storm hit us while were on Mackinac Island. We were so very glad we were getting pelted with wind blown rain at the fort and not sitting on the ferry. There were downed trees and police blockades when we got back to the mainland. Yee HA! How boring vacations would be without a little pick me up now and then from Mother Nature.

We hope the weather is moderate enough to slide up to the Upper Peninsula after the reunion. We were there for two short days in June and it was beautiful. We'd like more time to explore and enjoy.

And last, but not least, we also are looking forward to meeting more PC owners and hopefully putting faces with some of the names on this forum.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Shipper

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: 04/2013
Model: 3100
IntColor: Maple and Grey
ExtColor: Dusk
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 12:25:30 pm »

Where do you get the information for the PC rally in Michigan this September? Thanks!

It's not that I'm insensitive, it's probably that I just don't care. Wink
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:07:36 pm »

For Intervec Phoenix Club Info go to main forum page, Links and Contacts (near bottom) then subject - Phoenix Cruiser' s Owners Club. They put on the reunion. I emailed for info and they were very responsive.

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »

I forgot - they told us that Phoenix covers your first year dues and the paperwork is in the glove box when you pick up your PC.

Frank

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: April 2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green
________

CHEERS 2008 2551 (Yooper Kermit)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:58:33 pm »

As a lifelong resident of Mich. & a Yooper for the past 21 years I will
tell you what kind of weather to expect in the north country in September----
ANYTHING!!  I cut the grass a couple of days before Christmas, & today
high 40 degrees, & still have 3feet of snow  on the level. Last year at this
time we had temps in the 70's.
Just sign up and come and enjoy our wonderful state and all the people
at the reunion, no matter what the weather brings!!!

Frank & Dee  CHEERS!!
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

Does anyone have recommendations for the journey to the Petoskey reunion? We expect to be in far eastern Maryland (almost DE/NJ) for Labor Day weekend. Current plan is to roll west to drop the granddaughter off in Frederick, MD; overnight near Deep Creek, MD on Monday; overnight in family's driveway in Cleveland, OH on Tuesday; overnight ???? midway up Michigan on Wednesday; then on to the reunion for check in on Thursday. It is only 6 1/2 hours from Cleveland to Petoskey according to Google Maps but in the interest of leisurely RV living, we'd prefer to split that trip somewhere in Michigan. Does anyone have recommendations for something midway between Cleveland and Petoskey?

After getting ALL our dates on the calendar I realized that the Friday of Labor Day weekend, August 30th, is our jumping off date. Our plan is to hit the road for a year so the reunion will be our first "long" trip of our year away. Yee HA! About 4 more weeks until we get the PC then 4 months after that for the trip. With so much to do in so little time, it should go by quickly but it does seem to drag.

We hope to meet many of you at the reunion.
H

Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 295
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »

Try Frankenmuth, MI.  Google it and you will see all the neat little things to do in Frankenmuth.  Bronners - the largest Christmas store is there and the world famous Chicken Dinners at Zenders or Bavarian Inn are in town as well.  There are a few campgrounds in that area as well.  We live about an hour south of that area and make the trip there at least three times a year.  Just a fun little town a few miles east of I-75.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

Sue, that looks perfect - We might have to hit it going and coming back.
Thank you!
  Holly

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:02:36 pm »

John be very caefull about letting Holly stop in Frankenmoth. You might not have any money left for your big trip. Grin

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 295
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 02:05:11 pm »

John be very caefull about letting Holly stop in Frankenmoth. You might not have any money left for your big trip.

If you are planning to stop at Frankenmuth on your way to or from the reunion here is a money saving tip.  Join the Zehnders reward program at http://www.zehndersrewards.com/.  It is free to join and is simply a rewards program.  It is not a credit or debit card but just a card to get you some money savings at Zehnders.

Zehnders is world famous for their chicken dinner.  The price last year was $19.95 a person.  It is an all you can eat (not a buffet but served at your table).  It includes a whole lot of food (the least of which is chicken).  You get soup, cottage cheese, cheese and crackers, bread and jelly, pickles, cranberry relish, buttered noodles, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, a vegie, and desert just to name a few items.  You can also take a dogie bag when you go (so lunch the next day).

If you go the month of your bday and belong to the rewards program you dinner is "FREE".  If you go any other month and didn't go for your birthday then your meal is $3.00 off.  My bday is June and Barry's is May so when we go one of us is free and the other is $3.00 off.  A very nice meal for a decent price.  You must join at least 30 days prior to the month of your bday and they do ask for ID.

It also gets you a free ornament at Bronners.

ENJOY!!!!

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 07:51:22 am »

I remember going to "Zehnders is world famous for their chicken dinner". It was a very good meal but a little on the expensive side. My only problem in Frankenmoth was when my wife went into the Christmas store. She must of gotten lost several times as she was in there for what seemed like forever. She sure came out with a lot of new Christmas stuff. I guess she could have spent a lot more on some of the large Christmas things but we did not have room in the camper for them and I didn't tell her about having them shipped to our house. I could see where one could spend several thousand dollars in there. 

Frankenmoth was a very nice stop overall and one everyone should see at least once. ThumbsUp

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:10 am »

Tom, no worries on the shopping with me. I HATE shopping, UNLESS it is on Amazon or for the granddaughter. Now, browsing a cool store... I'm good with that. Plus I expect I'll be cured of any packrat tendencies by the time we empty this house out and hit the road. And we won't have a house to ship stuff home to. If we buy it, we better plan to haul it around the country in the PC for a year.
Holly

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: