Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My entry DOOR wont shut tight!  (Read 342 times)
Seesan

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 5/11/2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 1999
Slide: Yes
IntColor: White
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:07:23 am »

I have 1999 ford PC (23') which I bought (used) last year. I was aware about the bottom of the side entry door problem-  will not shut tight. I can see a 2" gap along the bottom of the door, when it is closed. By being a brand new RV/owner I have no clue how to fix this, can the door be replaced. If so, where can I buy a new door that will match my rig and where can get it installed. Help!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:15:15 am by Seesan » Logged
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:04:30 pm »

Two inches is one large gap!  If it was a small crack you can usually adjust the striker on the door jam to make the door come in furthur before it actually latches but you are never going to make that kind of a gap up with minor adjustments.  i would venture a guess that water has gotten into the door and the backing material has curled outward.  I would call Kermit/Amanda and have them send you a new door with the matching paint for your year and have a body shop paint the door.  Putting the door on is not that large of a deal or you could have any RV dealer or body shop put it on for you.  You really need to have it fixed for safety purposes.   Best of luck
Seesan

Helpful Rating: 0
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 5/11/2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 1999
IntColor: White
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

Two inches is one large gap!  If it was a small crack you can usually adjust the striker on the door jam to make the door come in furthur before it actually latches but you are never going to make that kind of a gap up with minor adjustments.  i would venture a guess that water has gotten into the door and the backing material has curled outward.  I would call Kermit/Amanda and have them send you a new door with the matching paint for your year and have a body shop paint the door.  Putting the door on is not that large of a deal or you could have any RV dealer or body shop put it on for you.  You really need to have it fixed for safety purposes.   Best of luck

Thank you..Thank you for your informative and helpful response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: