Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Changing of the Guard  (Read 1969 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 12:30:38 pm »

We were really sad to see Amanda go. We knew that we wouldn't be able to keep someone as wonderful and young as her forever. Her leaving caught us by quite a surprise. She is really missed, but we are happy for her.

Dick, can you tell me which 3100 page you found to be so embarrassing? I proofed the used 2010 one.  All the others were designed and put up by Stuart. The only thing we changed was in the database we took out the call to the flashing alien, and we changed the e-mail address. 

Aimee, Webmistress
JimDenny

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: March 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Brown
ExtColor: Brown
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 10:46:39 am »

I believe the reference is to the 3100 listed under inventory.  When selected, scroll down until you see the "stylized" word spelled "propoply".  Perhaps the word should be "probably"?
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

OK. Thank you, JimDenny.  I hope that is it.  Those are Stuart's ads.  If you look at all of the ones except the used 3100, you'll see that most of them look like that, and that "proboply" is in most of them. He and I had much different styles and tastes in ads.  My position was always that people spending a lot of money buying a classy motorhome wanted tasteful, classy ads.  His position was that the louder, brighter, flashier the ad, the better response it got.  I have to say that he was right. Much to my consternation, the more spinning aliens and flashing arrows there were, the more e-mails and phone calls and clicks an ad rendered. Since it defied everything I knew about marketing, I conceded that Stuart knew his market better than I did, and I gave him  a custom inventory lister that allowed him to present the inventory exactly how he wanted to do it.  We received more than one e-mail about "proboply" over the years, but he never changed it.  I don't know if the e-mails eventually turned into sales, or what.  shrug

In any case, Earl's tastes are much more mellow. I hope it is met with as much success as the "Crazy Eddy's Tent Sale" ads were.  LOL  I'm cautiously optimistic, but also a little nervous.  Embarrassed

I wonder if I can do a sitewide find and replace for that...

edited to change wording that made it sound like I "allowed" Stuart to do what he wanted, when what I really mean was I physically gave him (built him) a custom inventory lister to allow him to do what was working for him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:37:43 am by aimee » Logged

Aimee, Webmistress
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:33 pm »

I don't believe chasing or trying to correct history worthwhile. There were quite a few errors in the ads and hopefully, consistently proper english will be prevalent in the future. That will be the telling trait.

But, FWIW, we bought our 2nd and 3rd Phoenix based on quality and customer support.
Although we've had outstanding effort by many at Phoenix, Amanda's, Bob's, Carol's and Kermit's are exemplary.

Examples;
1.  Our rear view monitor went south and a single call caused Kermit to deliver a new unit to us at the Danforth Bay Rally. AND, Kermit helped me install it on site.
2.  Our fridge door broke and a single call to Carol had a drop-shipped replacement waiting for us in Denver a day later.

That, my friends, is exemplary caring and service.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:33:07 pm by Bob Mahon » Logged

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 12:11:40 am »

OK, I found 176 instances of "PROBOPLY" in the database and changed it to "probably"  I also fixed the crazy capitalization and removed about a dozen extra !!!'s while I was in there. I'm not going to clean up anything else, but maybe this will keep poor Earl from getting hate mail about the old "Proboply" 's when people find them.  LOL

Aimee, Webmistress
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

Good job, Aimee, now the ads match the quality of a Phoenix Cruiser RV.

Thanks, Bob

2010  PC 2551
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 09:57:15 am »

Thanks. I don't know if it will make a difference in sales, because Stuart's ads were very successful, but it should definitely stop me from getting nasty e-mails like the one I got a few days ago over the "probably" typo.  It just goes to show you that no matter what you think you know, there's always something to be learned from someone who knows more. He definitely knew/knows his market.

Aimee, Webmistress
Paul/Marilyn

Helpful Rating: 14
________
PurchDate: 07/12
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Standard
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 10:31:47 am »

Thanks, Amiee, for getting all that straightened out, and for all the rest you do! I'm sure you've read "Eats, Leaves and Shoots" (you propoply have). If you haven't you should get a copy. It's very funny for anyone who has ever done any proofreading.
Marilyn  Smile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: