Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Linoleum floor covering on step  (Read 661 times)
jmosier

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/29/2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:55 pm »

Good morning,  I have had my 2552 for about 4 months and I have noticed that the floor covering on the entrance step is curling up.  There is no molding round the covering.  Has anyone had the same problem? Should there be molding?

Also the cable to the left side of the couch broke and I am attempting to contact Kermit, but so far he has not returned my phone calls or emails.

Jim
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »

Jim,
There is no molding. It sounds like the adhesive didn't hold. I would try to put some weight on it to see if it holds. When you talk to Kermit, make sure you mention it.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:35:26 pm »

I recommend you contact Karen at the office. Kermit is doing his usual duties, some of what Stuart used to do, and getting Earl up to speed. I think Kermit will ultimately make the call but Karen can get your info in front of him. I've been on this forum and checking on Phoenix for a year now and believe they are customer oriented. They are short handed right now due to one admin and one sales person leaving with what sounds like very short notice but they are still working to take care of every  customer. We just picked up our cruiser today and they bent over backwards to take care of us.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
bhgareau

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: 05/12
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: dusk
ExtColor: sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:07:47 pm »

I had a cable break on our couch about 2 months after we took delivery last year. It is a relatively easy replacement  if you don't have time to get back to the factory. In the meantime you can you use a stiff stick like a yardstick to activate and release the latch by leaning over the back of the couch. We had to do that for about 6 months until we got back near Elkhart.
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

I found the lino slippery when wet so I purchased some very tough floor mat material (black rubber backing like 28"X24") at Home Depot and cut it exactly to fit and actually ran it under the front aluminium lip in the front so there is no movement what so ever.  The material looks absoultely like it belongs there and gives us one more line of defense against dirt making it into the coach.  I actaully used the same material in all of the rest of the cabnets and closets and I love it, stuff does not move around at all and rattles are reduced greatly and the texture and weight of the material is so much better compared to the thin anti slip rubber.  Hope this helps?   Thanks, ron
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:34:44 pm »

We noticed a slight ripple in our 2007 vinyl floor covering within the first year or two.  It's hardly noticable, but it is there.  It has not gotten worse since.  I wonder if the bouncing rig moves things around very slightly to create the ripple.  Either the flooring is not 100% glued down, or the decking shrunk as is common with wood, or maybe both.

About runners and such, I bought rug runner material off a big roll at Menards for our outdoor storage compartment to protect the lower fiberglass surface.  I had enough left over for that first entry step.  I wished I had enough extra to do the rear compartment.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:39:16 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: