Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PC 2350 with a dinette?  (Read 1178 times)
wenzOmatic

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2010
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »

Hi, we are looking at purchasing a 2350 with a dinette and are looking for feedback.  We currently own a 2010, 2400 but like the idea of having a different bed. Thanks in advance.

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 310
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »

Mike,

Our first RV (2003) did not have a permanent bed and I vowed that the next RV would.  That is when we purchased the 2008 2350 (with sofa).  It had a bed.  However, for our comfort we did not find the corner bed to work for us.  Some people like them but we did not.  The DH is 175 pounds and I top the scales at 108 but we felt very closed in with the size of the bed.  Also, making the bed was another challenge in itself.  It was also difficult for me to get to the cabinets over the corner bed without having to climb all over that freshly made bed.

As for a dinette, yes I would like one but find the sofa with table to work just fine.  Putting up the table is much easier then making up that corner bed. 

We now have a 2551 with the twin beds.  And even though I said I could not sleep without my DH it has not been a problem.  The 2350 bathroom was manageable for us so the larger bathroom in the 2551 was an added bonus.

Before getting the corner bed I would try to spend some time in it to make sure that it will work for you.  If you could just spend one night in there or take a long nap I think you could make a much better decision.  Everyone can give you their opinion but everyone has a different comfort level so try to get some time in the 2350. 

Sue 

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:21 pm »

We are new owners, had a roadtrek,  the dinette for us is wonderful, especially compared to what we had haha,,, we have power at the bench, run a cord up to the table to use for coffee pot, computers chargers. Matter of fact we use the underside of the dinette to store our bikes ( see bike project under tips).... we have no slide either.

Bed- the bed is very adequate,  comfort is great,  I sleep on pass side, I am 5'9" figure  I can still grow  3 to 4 inches without a problem  not sure of the exact length.  wife sleeps on the drivers side she has  a CPAC machine so need to use the power plug .   Only negative so far is in putting on the fitted bottom sheet. After attempting afew times, finally lifted up the mattress to put it on... took two of us to do it.   to make the bed no problem...

Please note we are new owners have spent 5 nights in the unit, but to date are very pleased.
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston, Texas
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:15:18 pm »

Mike,

We own a 2007 2350 with the dinette "WITHOUT" a slideout.  A slideout makes the dinette much smaller & confining.  Ours is much larger with more leg room and a larger table.

There are very few pictures of dinettes in PCs.  Even fewer when there is NO slideout.  CLICK HERE to see our dinette.  There are a few things to note when looking at my slideshow.

- Note the larger cabinets above the dinette. No slideout makes for larger cabinets.
- Note the lack of a step-up as would be with a dinette in a slideout.  The step-up makes for a bump in the head when getting in and out.
- Note the backrest of our front bench is a little smaller.  This is because that bench sits closer to the driver seat than if in a slideout.  It utilizes the area of the angled wall, hence a little smaller.  The driver seat still has full travel with some reclining.  The smaller backrest is not missed, even with 4 people sitting.
- Note that with no slideout, your dinette gets bigger yet because there is no lost wall space taken by the 4" thick walls (the moving wood trim) of the slideout.
- Note our table posts.  Now PC-USA does something better, a single leg at the table end.  I have given thought to convert ours to the new design to improve our leg room.
- Other benefits to our decision is 400 pounds less weight, less air leaking, less noise, no bugs, more comfortable commuting, lower purchase price.

I agree with Sue of Barry-Sue, our rear corner double bed is not ideal.  But we manage well at age 55 so far.  Unless you are very nimble, I can't recommend a 2350.  If our garage could accomodate something longer, I would consider something else with a double/queen rear bed.  If a PC, that would mean something custom made.  They used to make a long rear twin bed model that I thought would make for a nice walk-around or walk over double/queen bed.

Hey, there is a low mileage 2008 walk-around double bed model 2700 on ebay right now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:34:15 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:00:58 am »

Mike,

I agree, wholeheartedly, with Sue!!!!!!!!!! We had a 2350 Sprinter, loved the cab area (very comfortable; more so than the Fords) but ABSOLUTELY HATED that rear corner bed. It was not just making it up which was a pain, another issue, for us, was me having to crawl out, in the middle of the night for potty. After a season with the 2350, traded it for a 2551 with the twin beds.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:30 am »

Ditto what Sue and Judi said.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
echo11

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: 4/18/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: maple/ biege
ExtColor: umbre
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »

We did not find our corner bed to be a problem.  I guess it would depend on the size of the people.  Compared to a bed we would have to make up every night, we preferred the permanent corner bed.  We were able to find a comforter that had a bottom that was fitted- like a regular fitted bottom sheet.  That helped with making the bed and keeping it neat.
Roni

(Although we are selling our PC 2350, it has nothing to do with the bed!)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:38 pm »

Compared to a bed we would have to make up every night, we preferred the permanent corner bed.
Ditto here.

We developed a hot sheet from owning our first motor home for 24 years.  Our PC2350 fulfilled it well.
- fits in our garage (garage size 25'-0" deep, 9'-11.25" door opening)
- has no slideouts
- has a permanent double bed on the main floor
- has a practical size dinette
- has a dry bath with a decent shower
- has a decent galley, stove-sink-fridge-freezer-etc (I am working on larger drawers HERE)
- has decent interior and exterior storage (the 2004-2007 PC2350 has the biggest outdoor compartment of any model)
- has decent capacities for fuel, water, sewage & propane

All the rest about our PC made it better yet.

Mike, echo11's 2011 PC2350 with no slide out is real sweet.  You might want to contact him directly for a link to his pictures and details.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:12:19 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Carolp495

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling Lower
________

Best Friends !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »

The 2350 Sprinter is a great unit .... ACCEPT..... for the bed.  not only is it extremely uncomfortable, but you are boxed in by three walls and when I turn over during the night I am always banging my arm, elbow, & knees into the wall or banging into the window shade waking me up. When I look over at my poor husband if he were sucked up against the bathroom wall any tighter to stay out of my way ... well ..... if he sneezed he would end up in the shower !!!!!!

I have not had a good night sleep since we have owned ours.

Carol

Vince & Carol Power
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

Wow Carol, You two are really suffering.  I am sorry to hear that.

I do agree the 2350 bed is confining, and my wife would "ditto" that, but we do sleep well.  We don't find the matress uncomfortable either.

We deal with the lack of elbow room by cuddling.  But I think we'd do okay on the dinette bed too,  rolling on the floor   I sleep on the bathroom side.  When laying facing the wall there, it's an inch away....surely not ideal.  When stretched out and not laying close enough to the head board, my feet can overhang the bed which I actually like.

I suppose if or when we get too old to manage it, one of us would then sleep on the dinette bed.  I consider the rear corner double bed perfect for a single person.  I am 5'-11" tall and have slept on the dinette bed a couple nights when I was sick on one trip.  That bed is very comfortable with adequate elbow room.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:13:13 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 09:37:40 am »

Realize with only 5 days sleeping in our corner bed may not have much to offer, but wanted to add,  we do not use the quilt that came with the bed. we have two seperate small quilts we use.  Also former owner placed a large door latch on the wall  next to the bathroom, help to get up and down, I do not use it, but the wife finds it convienent.  We also have a rather large dog that sleeps with us.. I'm usually so tired when we do sleep that nothing seems to bother me.   When we go to Grand Canyon next month will try the dinette bed and see how that goes.
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston, Texas
classact

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »

We ruled out any floorplan with that corner bed for the same reasons stated below.  Waaay too confining, and for any bathroom trips in the middle of the night, it necessitates some acrobatics from the person sleeping on the outside wall.  I love to snuggle w/ the DW too, but also quite enjoy sleep, and both wouldn't happen in that small bed.

Mike,

Our first RV (2003) did not have a permanent bed and I vowed that the next RV would.  That is when we purchased the 2008 2350 (with sofa).  It had a bed.  However, for our comfort we did not find the corner bed to work for us.  Some people like them but we did not.  The DH is 175 pounds and I top the scales at 108 but we felt very closed in with the size of the bed.  Also, making the bed was another challenge in itself.  It was also difficult for me to get to the cabinets over the corner bed without having to climb all over that freshly made bed.

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

We are small people and the corner bed is good and works out good for us.  But larger folks I see could have an issue here.

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
wenzOmatic

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: March 2010
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

All,
Thank you for your great answers. In fact I think you've answered all our questions.  Ron, your pictures were great! We were surprised to see so many people respond about the 2350 with a dinette and no slide.

Any bed, even a small corner bed is going to work better than our current "Electric" (Air) bed.  We are on our fifth air mattress not counting the spare.  It is great to know that you could actually use the dinette as an extra bed, hard to tell in pictures.

We like the idea of going without the slideout for all the reasons you guys list. Last year we were camping in a New Mexico duststorm, the winds were so strong that we were afraid to put the slide out.  That night I slept on the floor and my wife slept on the unfolded sofa.

I think we will see if we can get a 2350 built for us.

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City, OK

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: