Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gas Mileage  (Read 580 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:17 am »

My 2010 2551 Just returned from 1 month 1450 miles trip down south. Left from Gettysburg, PA to W.VA, to Georgetown, Ky to the largest quilt show in Paducah KY and started for home via Bristol, Tn to visit my brother and then to Gettysburg PA to rest up for the next 89 miles to home home.  Speed limit down south is 70 MPH and I kept it between 50 - 60 MPH and in calcutating I gain 13 MPH as I watched everyone pass me by.  Didn't feel comfortable to go faster as I felt a little sway in towing my Saturn Vue.   I was told i could have gotten  a ticket because I so slow???  A state trooper even past me.  This is the best MP gallon I've every had in mh.  It has been reported in FMCA mag that doing 55 saves on gas and I truly believe it now.
  Just wanted to share my good news. Wink 
KB9OMH

Helpful Rating: 9
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 3/26/13
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »

frecklestweety,
     Just got back from our first run in our new 3100, Left from Peoria, IL headed for Searcy, AR, then on to Mountain Home, AR to see a friend. From there we when over to Bentonville, AR to see the Norman Rockwell exhibition at the new Wal-Mart sponsored art museum, Crystal Bridges. Very nice place, and it free except for the Norman Rockwell exhibition. Lots of walking trails and a very nice museum. From there we headed to Branson, MO for a couple of days. Then back to Peoria, IL. Now the answer of the post, first tank of fuel I got 7.5 MPG, running 63 MPR with a 25 MPH side wind. From there the wind died down and ran through the back road of AR ansd MO getting 8.9 MPG, leaving Branson, MO to Peoria, IL mostly on Interstate, running 63 MPH ended up with 9.5 MPG.

Jim
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »

Hi all and after a 6000 mile trip to the Sw (Arisina,Texas,New Mexico) for three months, I have to say I did get a bit over 10mpg including climbing moutains and  40 plus mph head winds.

In one word I would have to say say I love the V-10!  We climbed some pretty good mountains during or 3 month dry camping expedition with LOTS of power...

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
jampodd

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 11/2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »

I copied this from one of my earlier posts. Included are some of the suspension upgrades I added which I believe has helped the handling greatly.

They used Roadmaster Anti-sway and trac bars. I also had them put on Koni shocks, sumo springs and a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer. They weighed each corner and it was similar to weights others have posted. These are with holding tanks empty:
LF-2160, RF-2100
LR-3820, RR-3780

They recommended 65-70psi in each tire.

I just returned from a shake out trip from northwest Ohio (where I live) to Augusta Ga (The Masters tournament). I took Rt 23 to Rt 33 to Rt 77. My PC handled great, no issues at all. The three guys in the back also commented on how well it rode and handled. 77 has some pretty steep grades and the cruise didn't handle those too well but when I turned it off I had no problem. Normally I was cruising around 65mph and the rpm's were staying around 2500. Some of the hills got them slightly over 3000 and speed slowed down slightly but not much. I know there has been many questions about gas mileage also, I averaged about 8.5 mpg for the entire trip of about 1700 miles. Only had about 1000 miles on it before the trip so still some break in going on, but for the grades I was going up it's about what I expected.

Jim Poddany - 2552
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »

Hi all and after a 6000 mile trip to the Sw (Arisina,Texas,New Mexico) for three months, I have to say I did get a bit over 10mpg including climbing moutains and  40 plus mph head winds.

In one word I would have to say say I love the V-10!  We climbed some pretty good mountains during or 3 month dry camping expedition with LOTS of power...

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

When discussing gas mileage with motor homes, there are a hundred variables.  Here are mine on one specific trip.

- 2007 E350-V10 chassis
- 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser with no slide out
- 9200 curb weight as stated on the PC sticker
- always towing a 4300 pound 2006 Jeep Liberty
- 1200 pounds of people, goods, and water
- trip from Chicago area to Jasper Alberta and much in-between
- top speed practiced is consistently 5mph over posted speed limit for towing
- gas mileage averaged over an entire 4000 mile journy, from home to home

Trip Average - 9.2mpg

I just installed a Scanguage-II.  It will be interesting how it compares to caluculating fuel economy the long-hand way.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:25:23 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
wenzOmatic

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: March 2010
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:38:07 am »

Hi,
We have a 2010 2400 on the Sprinter Chassis and are getting 13 to 16 mpg with a 15 mpg average on 15,300 miles. We do not tow but our travels have taken us out West over mountains all over Oklahoma and South to the tip of Texas.  Our best mileage came when we had an EGR failure light and before we could get into the shop we got 18 mpg.  Isn't that EPA guidance great? (lol)

Mike and Trish Wenzel
Oklahoma City, OK

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: