Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: rain entering my 2552  (Read 3396 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 48
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:19 am »

Alright it has been nearly a month.... did you get the problem taken care of??
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
houston
skipper

Helpful Rating: 32
________
PurchDate: 08/13
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 09:01:38 am »

Jmosier traded his 2552 on a class a.  I bought his 2551 and I asked him about this leak.  According to him, it only happened once and never again.  It is a mystery.  I drove it through a few rain storms on the way home and had no leaks and I also spent some time on the roof and it looked very well sealed (like overkill). I have to wonder if maybe the front door was ajar during the night?

Mark
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 48
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:41 am »

Tks for the update and congrats on buying the unit...   interesting,,, original post sounded like the leak was to high to be a door, but who knows... I still go with the AC  run off running to the antenna,  I have a leak in the front cap between the windshield,,, only leaks when were driving and of course raining,,, I recaulked,,, next time a little leak,,, so will need to recualk again... on your unit he said he was sitting,, so again could be the angle,, good thing your aware of it and keep an eye on that area...  repost a year from now after you have it out a couple more times
sparky
tmoore54

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: August/2015
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Grey
ExtColor: Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 09:27:02 am »

Hello, I took possession of my 2552 in January of this year and am on my first long road trip.  Two nights ago it rained quite a bit and after the rain I found water on the floor behind the chair.  I moped up the water was soaked up about two cups of water.  The water is on the right side behind the angled area between the cab and the door.  Has anyone had the problem? If so please let me know how they found out where it water s coming in.  I have called Kermit but he never called me back.  Does anyone have his email address, I left it at home on my other computer.

Jim,

I am experiencing the same leak on my 2552, what was your fix?  I cannot seem to figure it out.  Kermit has responded, but since we are in Florida, cannot take it in.

Thanks,

Tim
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 62
________
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 01:55:11 pm »

I had the same leak, last month. If your awning is down when it is raining, water comes in the hole where the electric cord goes into the RV and the Cupboard above your chair by the door in the 2552. It should have a grommet between the wire and hole, but my does not.

I just took some silicone sealant and caulked all around the hole.

I was concerned it might have not sealed perfectly, so I took off the wood around it inside the cabinet and caulked it even better from the inside. No leaks with the 1" rain we just had this morning near Tampa.

Read my Florida Trip Blog: http://khflorida.blogspot.com/
or to go in chronological order, use this link: http://keelhauler.org/WordPress/?cat=17

John
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 397
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 02:36:03 pm »

Tim

We had the same problem last year.  Here is a link to a previous post that shows how I fixed my leak.

http://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php/topic,1792.msg13913.html#msg13913

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
tmoore54

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 04:42:38 pm »

Thank you!  I did see caulking at the wire, but I added some more, just rained this afternoon, lightly, but no water yet!  I appreciate the help, thanks again.
ron-n-toni

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: 12/14/2015
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 08:39:18 am »

We took possession of our 2351 in December. First trip out (two weeks in Florida) we also had water on the floor behind the passenger seat after a hard rain. Our unit is presently back at the factory getting self inflicted damaged rear cap replaced. Will let you know what they found when I get the unit back.
Polish Prince

________
PurchDate: February 2016, Delivery August 2016
ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 on a 450 chassis
IntColor: Desert Sand, with ultra leather and carpet toast
ExtColor: Greystone
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

We took possession of our 2351 in December. First trip out (two weeks in Florida) we also had water on the floor behind the passenger seat after a hard rain. Our unit is presently back at the factory getting self inflicted damaged rear cap replaced. Will let you know what they found when I get the unit back.

I hate self inflicted damage.  It's the worst kind, Jill won't even let me blame her.

George & Jill Budzynski, Birchbark Farm
tmoore54

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 11:51:18 am »

Hi there, my 2015 had a leak in the same area, behind the chair on the floor, I looked during the Florida monsoon, never did find it.  I took it back to PC factory in April, it was 15 minutes, they found the leak at the horizontal joint on the fiberglass connection between the coach and cab.  New calk, fixed.  Just went through another bad rain at home in sw Michigan.....no leaks!!  Thanks to the staff at PC!
ron-n-toni

________
PurchDate: 12/14/2015
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »

While back at the factory for other work, I told Bob, the production manager about the leak. He had someone recaulk the seams between the passenger door and entry door. No more leaks. ThumbsUp
KB9OMH

Helpful Rating: 31
________
PurchDate: 3/26/13
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »

When you get the awning out, look at the top of the mounted rail to the body, pull the cover off the wiring going into the unit, mind didn't have the rubber grumit (M SP) on the hold, I filled mine with RTV and that took care of the water leak, The only way to check the water leak is to put the hose at the top of the awning bar and let the water run stright down the bar. If the TV antenna wire is leaking the you will have water comming throught the speaker on the right side, that where mind was

Jim

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: