Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: leaking air conditioner and refrigerator is sweating inside.  (Read 429 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

My air conditioner is dripping condensation from inside the coach onto the carpet.  I turned off the unit.  what could this be???  It was pretty hot here in santon, Pa at KOA and is was running ok at the last campground.   Someone told me that another camper had the same problem and his air conditioner quit.   I've never had this problem before.  I have a couple hundred miles to go before getting  back to my home tomorrow.  So we are running fans now and has cooled off some.  Help

Also the frige is sweating inside and I turned up the unit.  I am 90$ level so that can't be the problem.  My dometic frige in last unit was better than this norcold.  any suggestions????     I wish the frige was not on the slide out.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

Leaking roof A/C means there is a lot of moisture in the air and it has frozen up. Just turn it off and let it sit for a few minutes. Running the fan can help defrost the out side coils. If it is dripping inside, then you need to remove the inside cover and tighten the four bolts about 1/2 turn each. Do not over tighten the bolts as this will cause the seal to get to tight.

As for the refrigerator, just keep the door closed as much as possible and it will dry out by itself. A box of baking soda inside the refrigerator will help prevent this condition and will help dry it out now.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:27 pm »

tom
  great tips,,, the AC problems sounds like the old window units we had when I was growing up in Dallas, they were always freezing up    so for my own education,,,  when I have run the AC usually have it set 72 to 76,,, it has always recycled off and on,,,  now if the AC is not recycling that means it is struggling to maintain that 72 to 76 and I'm taking a chance of it freezing up in the coils.

Frige  If doing a lot of summer traveling probably going to have same problem ,, wonder if it would be worth it get some of those desiccant packs to put in the frige,,
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Hoston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: