Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I want to hear from you!  (Read 3114 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:47 pm »

I'm going to be updating the forum over the next few weeks, and I'd like to get some input from those of you who use it.

So here's your chance to let me know what you think.

Are there any new categories you'd like to see?

Will you be heartbroken if we change the colors/freshen it up a bit from time to time?

Is there anything you don't want changed?

I can't promise that I can implement everyone's suggestions, but I would like to hear from those who use the forum before I change anything.

Aimee, Webmistress
Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

Hello Aimee. I think it would be really helpful if someone from Phoenix Cruiser could get on the forum from time to time to answer our technical questions. For example, I just posted a question about hauling bicycles on the ladder. If someone involved in the manufacturing process was able to answer questions like this, it would be great!

Trudy
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »

Aimee,

I think this website works very well just as you have it, but I would like to see an addition to the main PC site like Winnebago has.

- On-Line Owner's Manuals, Past & Present
- Links To Specifications For Past Model Years
- Pictures Of Past Model Years
- Links To Suppliers Of Appliances, Past & Present...ie: Fantastic Fan, Velvac Mirrors, Dometic, Onan, etc.

Such information would introduce people to a Phoenix Cruiser, new or used.  The website would demonstrate Phoenix USA has it's act together.  Often people consider a used motor home, and later decide to buy a new one.  This could improve sales for new PC purchases as well as offering existing owners a nice tool to upkeep their older PC.

BTW:  I think Phoenix USA does have it's act together.  It's Perception, Perception, Perception.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:43:22 pm »

OK, those are both very good points.  I'd love to have a rep from the company hang out and answer questions sometimes.  I can't answer any of those types of questions.  If anyone has suggestions for more information you'd like to see on the actual site, and not just the forums. Go ahead and include them here. I maintain the site too, so this is your chance to have my ear!    Cheers

Aimee, Webmistress
ScoutDog3
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:07:04 pm »

Is it possible to be shown a list of new posts since last visit each time a user logs on? I apologize if that option is already available and I just haven't found it.
Penny

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: October 2008
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2009
IntColor: Slate Grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Slate Grey Full Body Paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 05:43:15 pm »

Aimee,
It would be outstanding if you could get Kermit to share his RV knowledge on a regular basis.  He has such a wealth of information that would be helpful to both novice and experienced RVers. It's hard to ask questions when you first PU your PC, especially when you don't know what it is you're suppose to know.

Penny
2009 PC 2551

2009 PC 2551 - no slide
jlooney

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:25:58 pm »

Perhaps this is too much, but having just bought a PC in California and having never been rv'ing, I would have loved to have some video on you tube or on the site that shows how to turn things on and off, how to dump with the auto drains, etc. We just spent Spring Break up the coast from Santa Cruz at a wonderful site called Costanoa and then went to Monterey to the aquarium.  We didn't want to come home (although home is nice too).

Jennifer Looney
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 05:32:45 pm »

These are great suggestions!  Keep them coming!  Right now I'm working on a couple of projects, so I'll probably keep taking suggestions here until the end of April at least.

Aimee, Webmistress
classact

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

Aimee,
Thanks for the opportunity to share (and thanks for letting me join the forum!).
We aren't PC owners yet, but with any luck, and saving a few more pennies, we will be sometime soon. So my comments come from someone who has done an incredible amount of online shopping and research.

1. We've learned from researching online and talking to other folks that PC is a superior product, and that customer service and resolving any after-purchase issues has always been a priority to PC.  Why not include some face-time in this forum from the tech folks at the factory who address those issues to customers.  Maybe have a monthly "column" by one of them, or better yet, address questions from PC owners right here on the forum.  The tech person may very well end up answering questions that someone else was about to ask anyway, saving them the time of reponding to customer needs in duplicate.
2. Everyone speaks very highly of Kermit.  I toured the factory some time back but didn't get a change to meet him.  How about Kermit getting on the forum once in a while. What better way to sell your product and offer great follow up than to have the owner of the company on  here. I realize he's surely busy, but....you asked!
3. Winnebago maintains an *excellent* online database of their prior year models and specs.   This would be a great resource to folks to have older models and need info, or those  shopping for a new unit and are interested in how the units have changed.
4. The website - I hesitate to be critical here as I hate to step on toes, but again - you asked.   When I first stumbled on the PC website over a year ago, I thought I was at a third-party website. I thought that surely this isn't *the* PC website.   It really needs a major overhaul.   I could list many suggestions, and am happy to do so offline if you'd like, but when compared to many RV manufacturer websites whose products are far inferior to PC's, the PC  website just doesn't measure up!

Thanks again for the opportunity to share.

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:30 am »

......When I first stumbled on the PC website over a year ago, I thought I was at a third-party website. I thought that surely this isn't *the* PC website
I can relate to this.  The "Main" PC website is a "Fun" looking website.  Not a typical business website.

I am a true dim-wit when it comes to marketing, so I won't comment if "Fun" looking is better or worse than "Official" looking.  One thing for sure, the PC website is different than all motor home company websites.  I have read from others how they love the annimation and other eye-catchy things about it.  But for me, being an old stuffy engineering/factual type of a guy, I am used to stuffy old "data-focused" websites, which supports my lack of "Marketing" skills.

I'll go on to add, I never use any of those little annimations that are sitting just above this window I am typing in.  Ok, there is a first time for everything so here I go........ Smile Grin Wink exactly! ThumbsUp LOL rolling on the floor sad Cry 0:) Embarrassed Cheers Cheer Help Hug2 shrug Hug2 ThankYou HiThere Angry Heart Shower

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
classact

________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 03:06:30 pm »

Another thought, if someone else hasn't already mentioned this - it would be nice to be notified if someone posts a new comment to a thread where you have started or commented on (similar to Facebook).  I know RVnet and some other sites to this.   

In following up from Ron's comments above, I'll add th at I've never used the animations, and am not likely to, but no big deal.   If they make the chatting experience more fun for some folks, all the better.   Contrary to Ron, I very much am involved in public relations and marketing in my business so I guess that's why I'm more attuned to image and first impressions.   While I'll admit that my primary reason for visiting an RV site is information,  the website itself remains the "front door" to the world for most businesses today, and as we like to say in show business, "perception is reality".

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:20 am »

the "notify" button will allow you to be notified according to the settings you select---category, new topic, reply to that topic, etc.

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

As far as the marketing ends of things, without getting into any specifics, I will just say that although the design is not my aesthetic (any of you who've visited the main street faces site can see it doesn't look like anything else I've ever done), I cannot argue with the results of listening to the client (Phoenix) and producing something for the RV market.  To say that people's positive response has increased significantly would be a gross understatement.  As mind boggling as it is, the stats tell the story, and it's been such a dramatic (over 100x) increase in activity that I am fairly confident we will not be seeing any "tone-down" of things beyond what I did back in the Fall.

What I would like to know from you all are:

Features you would like to see added to the site
Features you would like to see added to the forum
Features you would not like to see be lost in any changes

I have been vying for a "Kermit's Corner" kind of thing since we started the forum. I'm glad to see others have an interest in that as well. No promises, but we'll see what we can do.

Aimee, Webmistress
ScoutDog3
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 11:12:08 pm »

What I would like to see on the site?

Ron said it perfectly:
"- On-Line Owner's Manuals, Past & Present
- Links To Specifications For Past Model Years
- Pictures Of Past Model Years
- Links To Suppliers Of Appliances, Past & Present...ie: Fantastic Fan, Velvac Mirrors, Dometic, Onan, etc."
mapper098

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 11:57:03 pm »

I tend to agree with Ron that all the fancy pictures are a pain and a distraction from the real info. 
In spite of that, I would like to have an easier way to post pictures like Ron and I were doing about a year ago.
Is there an easy way to search for items?  I remember a posting about the inverters running down the battery about a year ago but I wouldn't want to try to find it now - afraid it would take too long.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: